The Banking and Finance program is a specialized degree designed for students who wish to concentrate their career in financial markets and institutions. The program provides advanced training in the key areas of trading and risk management. A significant feature of this program is the combination of strong analytical foundations and applications that deal with real world issues.
Students will learn to integrate financial models, firm-specific as well as industry and economic factors in their decision making process. In this program, students will have access to meetings with highly qualified speakers from areas such as the financial industry, internship programs in major Italian and international financial institutions, and exchange programs in European and US universities.
Career opportunities & professional recognition
Graduates from the Banking and Finance program will gain both the technical knowledge and the methodological tools suited to pursue professional and managerial careers in banks, asset management companies, security firms, large corporations (particularly in the Treasury and Finance departments), and regulators. Professional consulting positions in all areas of Banking and Finance represent another option for graduates.
First year credits
● Advanced financial accounting (5 ECTS/CFU)
● Advanced microeconomics (5 ECTS/CFU)
● Applied econometrics (8 ECTS/CFU)
● Applied statistics for finance (6 ECTS/CFU)
● Corporate finance (8 ECTS/CFU)
● Derivative securities pricing (8 ECTS/CFU)
● Monetary economics (6 ECTS/CFU)
● Principles of financial regulation (10 ECTS/CFU)
● Quantitative methods for finance (8 ECTS/CFU)
Second year credits
● Investment risk management (4 ECTS/CFU)
● Foreign language (French, German, or Spanish)* (4 ECTS/CFU)
● Market microstructure (8 ECTS/CFU)
● Risk management (8 ECTS/CFU)
● Electives (12 ECTS/CFU)
● Thesis (20 ECTS/CFU)
* The foreign language course can be anticipated to the first year. The language of instruction of the French and Spanish foreign language course is taught in English. German is taught in Italian.
Elective courses list Business area
● Corporate governance and social responsibility - I part (4 ECTS/CFU)
● International corporate finance (8 ECTS/CFU)
● International financial markets (4 ECTS/CFU)
● Project management (8 ECTS/CFU)
● Real estate finance (4 ECTS/CFU)
● Stage/Internship (8 ECTS/CFU)
NB: Upon submitting the study program for the first Master’s degree year, students may insert up to 12 ECTS relative to the teachings of the second year.
The financial district, including the Italian Stock Exchange, is located only ten minutes from our campus, a prime vicinity for those students who plan on studying in the field of Banking and Finance.
Cattolica takes great pride in its program contributors. Both academics and professionals from the field teach at our University. Special guests and renowned experts will enhance your learning experience at Cattolica.
Cattolica’s Career Service will help orientate you along the paths of research, internships and employment, providing you with highly valuable information and support.
International Student Services
At Cattolica, international students should never fear being alone. We have invested in a range of services which ensure that our international visitors are fully supported. Our objective is to guarantee that the unique Cattolica welcome is there for all.