This graduate programme produces experts in accounting data, planning management control systems, setting out finance strategies and auditing business risk. It offers any necessary effective grounding in order to operate within companies and local authorities in
positions related to corporate accounting, finance and management control.
Depending on the curriculum chosen, different aspects relating to the profession or the internal business management are investigated.
the Business Administration curriculum is fully taught in English.
Students enrolled in a Second Cycle Degree Programme (Master’s Degree, in Italian: Laurea Magistrale) of the Department of Management of Ca’ Foscari University may apply for admission to the International Ca’ Foscari-ESCP Europe double degree. (http://www.unive.it/nqcontent.cfm?a_id=124892). At the end of their study programme students can be awarded with a double degree : Laurea Magistrale in Amministrazione, finanza e controllo of Università Ca’ Foscari Venezia and Master in Management of ESCP-Europe.
The Programme offers any necessary effective grounding to operate within companies and local authorities, holding positions related to corporate accounting and finance, including management control. Furthermore, graduates may be employed at consulting companies and work on a self-employed basis.
Professional Master’s Programmes (1st and 2nd level) and PhD programmes.
The Banking and Finance program is a specialized degree designed for students who wish to concentrate their career in financial markets and institutions. The program provides advanced training in the key areas of trading and risk management. A significant feature of this program is the combination of strong analytical foundations and applications that deal with real world issues.
Students will learn to integrate financial models, firm-specific as well as industry and economic factors in their decision making process. In this program, students will have access to meetings with highly qualified speakers from areas such as the financial industry, internship programs in major Italian and international financial institutions, and exchange programs in European and US universities.
Graduates from the Banking and Finance program will gain both the technical knowledge and the methodological tools suited to pursue professional and managerial careers in banks, asset management companies, security firms, large corporations (particularly in the Treasury and Finance departments), and regulators. Professional consulting positions in all areas of Banking and Finance represent another option for graduates.
First year credits
● Advanced financial accounting (5 ECTS/CFU)
● Advanced microeconomics (5 ECTS/CFU)
● Applied econometrics (8 ECTS/CFU)
● Applied statistics for finance (6 ECTS/CFU)
● Corporate finance (8 ECTS/CFU)
● Derivative securities pricing (8 ECTS/CFU)
● Monetary economics (6 ECTS/CFU)
● Principles of financial regulation (10 ECTS/CFU)
● Quantitative methods for finance (8 ECTS/CFU)
Second year credits
● Investment risk management (4 ECTS/CFU)
● Foreign language (French, German, or Spanish)* (4 ECTS/CFU)
● Market microstructure (8 ECTS/CFU)
● Risk management (8 ECTS/CFU)
● Electives (12 ECTS/CFU)
● Thesis (20 ECTS/CFU)
* The foreign language course can be anticipated to the first year. The language of instruction of the French and Spanish foreign language course is taught in English. German is taught in Italian.
Elective courses list Business area
● Corporate governance and social responsibility - I part (4 ECTS/CFU)
● International corporate finance (8 ECTS/CFU)
● International financial markets (4 ECTS/CFU)
● Project management (8 ECTS/CFU)
● Real estate finance (4 ECTS/CFU)
● Stage/Internship (8 ECTS/CFU)
NB: Upon submitting the study program for the first Master’s degree year, students may insert up to 12 ECTS relative to the teachings of the second year.
The financial district, including the Italian Stock Exchange, is located only ten minutes from our campus, a prime vicinity for those students who plan on studying in the field of Banking and Finance.
Cattolica takes great pride in its program contributors. Both academics and professionals from the field teach at our University. Special guests and renowned experts will enhance your learning experience at Cattolica.
Cattolica’s Career Service will help orientate you along the paths of research, internships and employment, providing you with highly valuable information and support.
At Cattolica, international students should never fear being alone. We have invested in a range of services which ensure that our international visitors are fully supported. Our objective is to guarantee that the unique Cattolica welcome is there for all.