The Romance Languages and Literatures Department provides instruction in Italian language and literature leading to the master of arts degree. Students have the option of pursuing a track of study culminating in a master's thesis or may pursue a track of study whereby one course may be selected in substitution of the thesis. The program at Binghamton University allows students to work closely with the accomplished members of our faculty throughout their academic careers. The flexible programs and options for work done outside the department make Binghamton University a unique educational institution.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Online graduate degree application and application fee
- Transcripts from each college/university you have attended
- Two letters of recommendation
- Personal statement (2-3 pages) describing your reasons for pursuing graduate study, your career aspirations, your special interests within your field, and any unusual features of your background that might need explanation or be of interest to your program's admissions committee.
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae (max. 2 pages)
- Official GRE scores
And, for international applicants:
- International Student Financial Statement form
- Official bank statement/proof of support
- Official TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE Academic scores