This course is designed to provide practising teachers with a holistic approach to the teaching of Primary Science and Technology. It will introduce teachers to the process model of scientific and technological skills, while including immersion in the philosophical background to the teaching of Science and Technology.
Aims of the Programme
• To give an understanding of the need to apply cognitive theory in the development of appropriate instructional models in the teaching of Science and Technology
• To develop a scientifically and technologically literate teaching community having a basic understanding of the fundamental scientific and technological concepts
• To familiarise primary school teachers with a wide range of methodologies currently employed in the teaching of Science and Technology
• To give participants an insight into the range of curriculum materials available for the teaching of Science and Technology
• To allow teachers to gain confidence in their ability to teach Science and Technology through immersion in the process skills of scientific and technological enquiry.