This Level 9 Postgraduate Diploma in Networking aims to equip students with the necessary skills to pursue an interesting career in this specialist area.
Why Study Networking at Griffith College?
Designed specifically to address a growing need in the industry, the Postgraduate Diploma in Networking at Griffith College is a 1-1.5 year programme which aims to give students a deeper understanding of communication security, concurrent and parallel programming. Delivered on a full and part-time basis, as a graduate of this course, you will:
• Obtain specialist knowledge and skills essential for a career in computing or IT.
• Establish an analytical mindset necessary for independent academic and professional research.
• Gain a practical understanding of how to research and master technical issues, analyse and present your findings coherently, and document your work in a professional manner.
• Develop a team player attitude necessary to communicate problems, ideas and solutions to all levels of the industrial team.
• Build upon your knowledge of supporting topics in the many disciplines of computing.
• No final dissertation required
• Small class sizes
• Access to state of the art facilities
• A dedicated experienced lecturing team
• Industry guest speakers
• Concurrent and Parallel Programming
• Communication Security
• Dissertation/ Dissertation by Practice
• Research Methods
• Telecommunications and Network Services
Graduates of the Postgraduate Diploma in Networking course have the option to continue their studies in Griffith College have the option of progressing to the MSc in Network and Information Security.
Graduates of the Postgraduate Diploma in Networking will find opportunities as technical applications developers and consultants, systems analysts, database administrators, network managers and other leading computing science roles in academia, industry research and development roles.