The Master in International Relations (MIR) is an innovative postgraduate program developed for graduates wanting to deepen their knowledge in the field of International Relations. Distinguished faculty and top-level professionals make the Master a unique experience. MIR provides a well-balanced combination of theory and practice, enriching the learning process, by focusing on international relations, economics, politics and law, as well as those emerging issues that challenge today’s global system.
The Master in International Relations program is tailored to train professionals with the analytical skills to comprehend the different elements that constitute our complex world; to develop students’ abilities to collect and interpret information and international events; to manage technical and scientific aspects of international projects; to help students identify and interact with local and global cultures through a multidisciplinary approach and specialized competences.
Upon completion of the Master in International Relations, students will be prepared to manage and evaluate specific international events and problems from different perspectives, consistently with their training and experience, within a variety of organizations: international institutions, private companies, research centers, public administration, non-governmental organizations (NGOs), etc.
The Master in International Relations program is spread over four integrated levels aimed at fostering a multidimensional education, which includes research skills, analytical tools and professional development.
1st level - Scientific Training & Management Skills
The course offers an important opportunity to meet internation- al faculty and deepen the theoretical analysis of the economic, political, historical, legal and institutional issues relevant to the global system. Due to the multidisciplinary character of this area, students have the opportunity to study and evaluate specific problems from different, yet connected, perspectives.
2nd level - Advanced Training on Regional Areas
The Master in International Relations includes an advanced training program on the most relevant regional areas that governments, international organizations, non-governmental organizations and multinational private companies are facing. Professionals and experts from specific fields are involved in planning, organizing, and holding introductory courses, semi- nars and case studies on Africa, Asia, Europe, Latin America and Middle East.
3rd level - Project Work
Students join in the elaboration of a project work where the multidimensional analysis of a problem leads to the identifica- tion of its fundamental nodes.
4th level - Internship
The research activity is completed with an internship that gives students the invaluable opportunity to strengthen competences acquired during the Master in International Relations. It is a key compulsory component of the Master program and usually lasts three months.
The Master in International Relations offers high quality training to a group of 25 students from all continents. The learning platform includes lectures, seminars and a tutored internship.
● Prof. Roberto Zoboli - MIR Director and CERIS-CNR, Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore
● Prof. Isabella Alcañiz - University of Maryland, College Park
● Dr. Orlando Arango - European Investment Bank, Luxembourg
● Dr. Raoul Ascari - SACE, Rome
● Prof. Simona Beretta - Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore
● Dr. Matteo Borsani - Confindustria, Brussels
● Dr. Marina Calculli - American University of Beirut
● Prof. Emilio Colombo - University of Milano Bicocca
● Prof. Michael Cox - London School of Economics and Political Science, London
● Prof. Paul De Grauwe - London School of Economics and Political Science, London
● Prof. Paul H. Dembinski - University of Fribourg
● Prof. Matthew Anthony Evangelista - Cornell University, Ithaca
● Prof. Marco Gestri - University of Modena and Reggio Emilia
● Dr. Andrea Goldstein - OECD, Paris
● Dr. Antonio Graziosi - ILO, Budapest
● Dr. Fabio Graziosi - UNRIC, Brussels
● Prof. Xuewu Gu - University of Bonn
● Prof. G. John Ikenberry - Princeton University
● Prof. Miklós Király - Eötvös Loránd University, Budapest
● Prof. Ludger Kühnhardt - University of Bonn
● Prof. Marco Lombardi - Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore
● Prof. Andrés Malamud - University of Lisbon
● Prof. Aldo Pigoli - Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore
● Dr. Manuela Prina - European Training Foundation, Turin
● Dr. Thomas Rosenthal - Fondazione Italia-Cina, Milan
● Prof. Andrea Saccucci - Seconda Università degli Studi di Napoli
● Dr. Manuela Tortora - UNCTAD, Geneva
● Prof. Thomas A. Zimmermann - University of St. Gallen
Università Cattolica’s Graduate School of Economics and International Relations (ASERI) combines quality courses with strong connections to the business world. Courses are taught by academic professors, professionals and leaders from all over the world.
The openness of such an interdisciplinary Master is a real opportunity to extend your skills and build bridges between what you already know and how to transpose it to the current world.
Students will take part in team projects and individual internships with the guidance of important academics from different countries and leading professionals from multinational companies, international institutions and non-governmental organizations.
ASERI Masters Programs are in response to the current job market demands: they train students in a constant face-to-face comparison with theoretical topics, but provoking their personalities and experiences to form a practical and highly professional point of view.
All scholarships are assigned on a merit basis and will be mostly given to students who apply by the priority deadline (go to the Masters' Application & Admissions page for deadline information). Some scholarships may also target specific geographic regions.
Scholarship value: €2500- €5000