Galway-Mayo Institute of Technology (GMIT)
Founded in 1972 GMIT is a multi-campus, multi-discipline, multi-award-winning institute serving a diverse student body of approximately 7,000 students. Our student-centred learning initiatives are available across all five campuses which are spread out over counties Galway and Mayo in the west of Ireland. Our vision at GMIT is to provide our students with a transformative university experience, empowering our graduates to fully contribute to the social, economic, and cultural betterment of society.
Our graduates have an excellent track record in obtaining employment and are highly sought after by employers due to the nature of the applied learning we facilitate during your time with us. Over 90% of our graduates are in employment or further study nine months after graduating.
In April 2022, we will become the ‘Atlantic Technological University’, partnering with the Institute of Technology Sligo and the Institute of Technology Letterkenny. The new Technological University will offer almost 600 academic programmes from pre-degree to doctoral level to a student population of 20,000+ students supported by over 2,200 staff.
The new Technological University (TU) for the West and North-West of Ireland will be one of the largest multi-campus universities on the island, bringing together students, enterprise and communities and will be a leader in the provision of access to Higher Education by offering programmes from pre-degree to doctoral level on campus, online or as remote learning. It will provide research-informed teaching and access to emerging technologies for all learners.
Pursuing postgraduate study at GMIT will allow you to deepen your knowledge and hone your skills, complement your undergraduate degree, or change career direction. Our courses combine the most up-to-date, research and industry-informed theory with the essential practical skills you’ll need to get ahead. At GMIT, we work closely with industry partners and agencies to ensure that the skills and courses we offer are industry-relevant, and align with employment opportunities, helping you achieve your education and career potential. Our collaboration with local, national and international organisations provides opportunities for you to learn from industry leaders. Many of our academics come from well-established careers in their respective industries too, bringing years of experience into their teaching.
Research programmes are also available with GMIT having research strengths in the areas of marine and freshwater science, biomedical engineering, and energy for the built environment.
CAMPUS FACILITIES & SERVICES
At GMIT, we offer a comprehensive range of supports and services to our learners, providing access to full-time Counsellors, Chaplains, a Careers Office, an Access and Disability Office and a Student Health Unit. Our Students’ Union Office also provide an accommodation service for all GMIT campuses.
Please correct the errors indicated below to send your enquiry
Department / School information and available programmes:
- Certificate in Applied Leadership and Management
- Certificate in Built Environment Regulation
- Certificate in Energy Conservation and Environmental Services
- Certificate in Fire Safety
- Certificate in Food Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- Certificate in Nursing in Procedural Sedation
- Certificate in Science in Palliative and End of Life Care
- Higher Diploma in Engineering in Building Information Modelling
- Higher Diploma in Science in Cybersecurity Risk & Compliance
- Higher Diploma in Science in Medical Technology Regulatory Affairs
- Higher Diploma in Science in Software Development
- Master of Arts in Creative Practice
- Master of Arts in Teaching and Learning
- Master of Science in Applied Leadership and Management in Healthcare
- Master of Science in Applied Marine Conservation
- Master of Science in Applied Marine Research
- Master of Science in Applied Sport and Exercise Nutrition
- Master of Science in Biopharmaceutical Manufacturing
- Master of Science in Built Environment Regulation
- Master of Science in Circular Economy Leadership for the Built Environment
- Master of Science in Conservation Behaviour
- Master of Science in Cybersecurity Operations
- Master of Science in Design and Innovation
- Master of Science in Digital Media and Marketing
- Master of Science in International Marine Biological Resources
- Master of Science in International Medical Technologies, Innovation and Development
- Master of Science in Medical Science
- Master of Science in Nutrition and Sensory Science
- Master of Science in Palliative and End of Life Care
- Master of Science in Quality and Safety in Healthcare
- Master of Science in Sport and Clinical Biomechanics
- Master of Science in Strength and Conditioning
- Postgraduate Diploma in Arts in Creative Practice
- Postgraduate Diploma in Business in Accounting
- Postgraduate Diploma in Science in Advanced Biopharmaceutical Science
- Postgraduate Diploma in Science in Applied Leadership and Management in the Public Sector
- Postgraduate Diploma in Science in Building Information Modelling and Digital Leadership
- Postgraduate Diploma in Science in Built Environment Regulation
- Postgraduate Diploma in Science in Circular Economy Leadership for the Built Environment
- Postgraduate Diploma in Science in Palliative and End of Life Care
- Postgraduate Diploma in Science in Quality and Safety (Health and Social Care)