Linköping University (LiU) welcomes students from all over the world, and English is widely spoken everywhere by its 2,000 international students, or about 6% of its student population. Many doctoral students and researchers are also international.
LiU is a highly ranked institution that has been named as one of the world’s 200 best universities in education, materials science, electrical and electronic engineering, and sociology, according to QS World University Rankings by Subject.
What makes Linköping University special is the lack of boundaries between different subjects and faculties, which has resulted in world-leading research environments and companies as well as a number of truly cross-disciplinary study programs.
Linköping University has three main campuses: Campus Valla, Campus Norrköping and Campus US. Campus Valla and Campus US are both located in Linköping whereas Campus Norrköping is centrally located in the city of Norrköping, 40 km north of Linköping. The largest campus is Campus Valla.
Our region is the fourth largest county in Sweden and has about 450,000 inhabitants. The region offers not only famous tourist attractions, such as Kolmården Zoo, Göta canal and Astrid Lindgren’s World – but is also one of Sweden’s most interesting counties from a historical point of view.
The richness of student life at Linköping University is well-known, and the university has won the Swedish “Student City of the Year” award three times. It offers unique student traditions, life close to nature, and a broad range of activities, student clubs and societies to get involved in. Clubs and societies gather students with similar interests. No matter what you are interested in – chess, politics, music, horses, programming, theatre, or Harry Potter – there is something for everybody. And if your interest is not catered for, you can always start a new society.
Student services & facilities
Campus services are a very important part of your university experience. At LiU you get access to a good study environment and educational tools, reliable health services and stimulating social life. Services include:
- Student Health Care
- Language support
- Study guidance
- Student unions and organisations
- Study areas and group rooms
- Computer labs
- University Chaplaincy
- Rooms for reflexion
Scholarships & funding
The LiU International Scholarship is aimed at supporting international master's degree students with significant academic potential who are required to pay tuition fees. The tuition fees for a student awarded a scholarship are normally reduced by 50%. We offer a limited number of these scholarships to new students.
A degree from LiU makes you a highly sought-after employee. An impressive 88% of our students are employed within 18 months of graduating.
Please correct the errors indicated below to send your enquiry
Department / School information and available programmes:
- Adult Learning and Global Change
- Aeronautical Engineering
- Ageing and Social Change, Master's Programme
- Applied Ethics
- Applied Ethology and Animal Biology
- Biomedical Engineering
- Business Administration - Strategy and Management in International Organisations
- Child Studies
- Communication Systems
- Computational Social Science
- Computer Science
- Ecology and Sustainable Development
- Electronics Engineering
- Ethnic and Migration Studies
- Experimental and Medical Biosciences
- Gender Studies - Intersectionality and Change
- Industrial Engineering and Management
- Intelligent Transport Systems and Logistics
- International and European Relations
- Material Physics for Nano and Quantum Technology
- Mechanical Engineering
- Outdoor and Sustainability education
- Protein Science
- Science for Sustainable Development
- Statistics and Machine Learning
- Strategic Urban and Regional Planning
- Sustainability Engineering and Management