Advance your career with a Master's degree from St George’s, University of London
About St George’s
At St George’s, University of London, we’ve been improving health for over 250 years. As the UK’s specialist health university, we offer a wide array of postgraduate courses, from the exploration of global health challenges to the study of antimicrobial resistance, to provide you with the skills and experience you need to take the next step in your career.
Why choose St George’s?
St George’s is tackling today’s challenges head-on, such as the work our researchers, staff and students are currently undertaking to combat Covid-19. By studying with us, you will join a community that is making a difference. Our close links with local healthcare trusts, in particular St George’s University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, with which we share a campus, put us in a unique position to give our students a real taste of what their future working lives hold.
- St George’s is rated 5th for Graduate Prospects in the UK (Complete University Guide, 2022)
- 70% of research submissions were rated as internationally excellent or world-leading (REF 2014)
- 91.2% of our students say our teaching is intellectually stimulating (PTES 2021)
Fees and scholarships
Postgraduate taught course fees can be found on each respective course page of our website. We also offer a generous Postgraduate Taught Scholarships Scheme, visit our scholarships page for more information and details on how to apply.
Being based in the vibrant neighbourhood of Tooting, in South West London, we are both part of a global city and a thriving local community. With excellent transport links, including two tube stations, one train station and multiple bus routes, Tooting is only 30 minutes away from the attractions of central London.
Applying to St George’s
For our postgraduate taught courses you will apply directly to us. On the relevant page for the course on our website, you can find application forms, as well as information on entry requirements. Many of our courses welcome applications from individuals from a range of backgrounds, including humanities, science and healthcare. Alternative professional qualifications, or previous related experience, may be also considered on some courses and we encourage you to apply.
Please correct the errors indicated below to send your enquiry
Department / School information and available programmes:
At St George’s, University of London we understand postgraduate study is one of the most important academic choices you will make in your life. With the cost and time required to complete your studies it is crucial you choose to join somewhere that will support both your academic growth and also your personal development. Our mission is to develop well rounded, highly skilled clinicians, scientists and health and social care professionals who are equipped to meet the great challenges to global health in the 21st century and we hope you will be part of that.
At St George's we develop and are running world-leading courses. You'll find that our courses are delivered in a way that encourages inter-personal learning and collaboration between students. Our size allows for a true community feel which our students really enjoy.
We are the UK’s specialist health university. We have a long history of over 250 years demonstrating our commitment to excellence and innovation in research and education. We have educated and worked with some of the greatest minds including John Hunter, known as the father of modern surgery, and Edward Jenner, creator of the first smallpox vaccine. In the fields of infection and immunity, cardiovascular and cell sciences we strive to improve the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of disease. We also work to deepen understanding of population and the social care sciences.
- Advanced Clinical Practice (Master’s Degree Apprenticeship)
- Advanced Clinical Practice PGDip/MSc
- Biomedical Science (Antimicrobial Resistance) MRes
- Biomedical Science (Infection and Immunity) MRes
- Biomedical Science (Molecular Mechanisms of Cancer) MRes
- Biomedical Science (Reproduction and Development) MRes
- Frontiers in Human Health (Summer School)
- Genomic Medicine MSc
- Global Health and Conflict MSc
- Global Health and Humanities MSc
- Global Health and Mental Health MSc
- Global Health MSc
- Global Health, Ethics and Law MSc
- Global Health, Infection and Immunity MSc
- Healthcare and Biomedical Education PGCert
- Healthcare Practice PGCert/PGDip/MSc
- Healthcare Research Skills and Methods PGCert
- Heart Failure MSc
- Interpretation and Clinical Application of Genomic Data PGCert
- Occupational Therapy MSc (Pre-registration) subject to validation
- Physician Associate Studies MPAS
- Physiotherapy (Pre-registration) MSc
- Sports Cardiology MSc
- Translational Medicine PGCert/PGDip/MRes/MSc