Birmingham, United Kingdom
Newman University Birmingham is a community-focused institution based in Bartley Green, Birmingham. Newman has built strong partnerships with many local businesses, charities and schools, making it an ideal choice for students wishing to gain practical experience during their studies.
Newman University offers a variety of degrees across a range of subject areas in a tranquil environment overlooking Bartley reservoir, outside Birmingham city centre. The small class sizes mean lecturers have plenty of time for every student, and help to build a friendly, community feel that both current and former students speak positively about.
Postgraduate Study at Newman
Our postgraduate portfolio combines academic excellence with a professional focus. Courses are designed to fit in with your professional life, and to complement and build upon your existing knowledge and experience.
Our postgraduate academic staff are highly qualified in their subject areas, and are passionate about sharing knowledge. You’ll be encouraged to engage with theories, concepts, discuss ideas with tutors, and develop as a self-motivated, independent learner and researcher, with the aim of furthering your career and interests.
For further information visit www.newman.ac.uk.
There are a variety of postgraduate and professional development course options. You’ll study and research contemporary developments in your chosen subject area, with the support of our academic staff. Courses have been designed to enable you to access the latest developments in your chosen subject interest. Courses cover the following subjects:
Early Childhood Education and Care PgCert
Higher Education Practice PgCert
Primary Initial Teacher Education – PGCE
Secondary Initial Teacher Education – PGCE:
Secondary Computer Science
Secondary Physical Education
Secondary Religious Education
Secondary Science with Biology, Chemistry, Physics
School Direct Initial Teacher Training – Primary and Secondary PGCE
Get our prospectus
Learn more about the Newman experience by downloading or requesting our prospectus. Request a prospectus now.
Please correct the errors indicated below to send your enquiry
Department / School information and available programmes:
Newman University Birmingham is a single campus university, based in Bartley Green, Birmingham. The university has a proud history of higher education, celebrating its 50th anniversary in 2018, and is named after one of the intellectual giants of the 19th century, Blessed John Henry Newman. Newman University is a welcoming institution open to students of all religious beliefs and none.
Newman often receives positive feedback from the National Student Survey (NSS), with many subject areas receiving 100% student satisfaction. As well as this, the University was named third in the UK for added value in a recent Economist article.
- Chaplaincy PGCert
- Clinical Applications of Psychology MSc/PGDip/PGCert
- Early Childhood Education and Care PGCert
- Education MA
- Education MA (Early Childhood Education and Care)
- Education MA (Higher Education)
- Education MA (Inclusion and Special Educational Needs and Disability)
- Education MA (Leadership and Management)
- Education MA (Learning and Teaching)
- Education MA (Mentoring and Coaching)
- Education MA (Research in Education)
- Higher Education Practice PgCert
- Inclusion and Special Educational Needs PGCert
- Integrative Counselling and Psychotherapy Studies MSc (UKCP Accredited)
- Learning and Teaching in Education PGCert
- MA Applied Humanities
- MA Criminology and Social Justice
- National Award for SEN Co-ordination PGCert
- PGCE Drama (QTS)
- PGCE Primary (3-11) with QTS
- PGCE Secondary Art (QTS)
- PGCE Secondary Biology (QTS)
- PGCE Secondary Chemistry (QTS)
- PGCE Secondary Computing (QTS)
- PGCE Secondary English (QTS)
- PGCE Secondary Geography (QTS)
- PGCE Secondary History (QTS)
- PGCE Secondary Mathematics (QTS)
- PGCE Secondary Physical Education (QTS)
- PGCE Secondary Physics (QTS)
- PGCE Secondary Religious Education (QTS)
- Research in Education PGCert