Sign up to our newsletter today
We've been helping students find the right postgraduate course for over a decade.
The Barcelona GSE is a leading institution for graduate education and research in Economics, Finance, and Data Science.
We bring talented, motivated students from more than 40 countries to Barcelona and connect them with top-ranking researchers, experienced teaching faculty, international alumni, and a strong recruiter network.
The objective of our rigorous one-year Master’s programs is to prepare graduates for professional and academic careers that require intense analytical thinking and a flexible mindset.
The academic excellence of the school rests on the talent and drive of our teaching and research faculty, which has positioned the Barcelona GSE consistently among the world's top research groups.
94% of graduates placement within 6 months of completing their master's, helped by our dedicated Careers Services team that will provide training and support to go out into the world to make an impact in industry or academia.
Our Master’s programs lead to official degrees under EU law and receive strategic guidance from a group of more than 30 leading academics, including 11 Nobel Laureates, on the Barcelona GSE Scientific Council.
"Since coming to the Barcelona Graduate School of Economics I have been constantly challenged and pushed, yet I have enoyed every second of it. We work with a wonderful faculty in great facilities, but the best thing for me are my coursemates, all of them brilliant and from very diverse backgrounds, from whom I continually learn so much"
Tristany Armangué, Class of 2018
The Barcelona Graduate School of Economics is one of the leading institutions in economics that promotes cutting edge research and graduate education in cooperation with its four founding academic institutions (Universitat Pompeu Fabra, Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, CSIC and CREI).
- To teach and train graduate students committed to understanding and contributing to the complex economic and financial processes of an increasingly global society.
- To offer challenging and stimulating programs that provide students with rigorous knowledge to access to qualified jobs or doctoral study in top institutions worldwide.
- To support and promote research to the forefront of the social science excellence
Our Programs of Study
Rigorous one-year, full-time master programs taught by internationally renowned professors that challenge students to develop analytical skills and independent thinking.
• Competition and Market Regulation
• Data Science
• Economics of Public Policy
• International Trade, Finance, and Development
• Macroeconomic Policy and Financial Markets
Barcelona GSE students are characterized by their outstanding academic backgrounds and their commitment to excel in graduate studies. The international class brings to the classroom an enriching mixture of professional backgrounds, cultural perspectives, and personal experiences.
Most Popular Academic Background: economics and finance, Business Administration, Mathematics, Engineering and Social Sciences.
- Undergraduate/Bachelor degree in Economics, Finance, Mathematics, Engineering and other social sciences with a good command in quantitative skills.
- Proof of English command (TOEFL, IELS, etc)
- GRE/GMAT optional