Sign up to our newsletter today
We've been helping students find the right postgraduate course for over a decade.
Login to your account
Enter your username below to login to your account.
The Institute is Europe's largest free-standing University department dedicated to transport teaching and research.
Our mission is to advance the understanding of global transport and to develop skills in transport professionals, which we do from a unique inter-disciplinary perspective.
With a successful track record going back over 40 years, we now have around 60 staff, over 100 Masters students and more than 50 PhD students. This wealth of experience and critical mass means that ITS is widely respected as a first choice destination for anyone interested in transport.
ITS’ reputation for excellence is world-wide. We have consistently achieved a high rating in the UK government Research Assessment Exercise (RAE), reflecting research of international standing. In 2010 ITS was awarded a Queen's Anniversary prize for Higher and Further Education - in recognition of forty years sustained excellence.
This high ranking means we can recruit top students, attract high quality staff and invest in world-class facilities.
Students are taught by staff who are not only at the forefront of academic research, but also have widespread practical experience in consultancy and as advisers to organisations such as the World Bank, European Commission and national governments. Our Masters courses benefit from this applied expertise and students receive vocational training of the highest standard.
Reflecting the status of ITS, the facilities for postgraduate study are of world-class standard.
• The University of Leeds Driving Simulator - one of most advanced worldwide in a research environment, which allows research into driver behaviour in controlled laboratory conditions.
• Research facilities dedicated to transport and environmental issues, such as traffic monitoring, emissions and pollution monitoring.
• A full spectrum of specialist software tools including those developed by ITS – SATURN, PLUTO, DRACULA and KonSULT.
Benefits to you
• Your study at ITS and University degree will be recognised and respected throughout the world.
• You will be taught by world-class research active staff who are at the cutting edge of their field.
• You will develop skills that are in huge demand by industry.
• You will be part of a friendly, supportive Institute within a large multi-cultural University.
• You will join a prestigious network of ITS alumni in influential positions world-wide.
University of Leeds
All Course Types
All Study Types
All Start Terms
Railways throughout the world play a key social and economic role in societies. They are complex systems and are constantly adapting to change. Read more
If you are passionate about solving the grand challenges for sustainable transport – responding to the critical need for decarbonisation, tackling urban pollution, enabling inclusive mobility, economic development, liveable cities, social justice and energy scarcity – then our Sustainability in Transport MSc will inspire and equip you to tackle these issues. Read more
If you are an ambitious numerate graduate, or a practitioner in the field, this Masters degree will equip you with the analytical skills for a rewarding career supporting transport delivery and policy-making at national, regional and local level. Read more
This Masters degree will equip you with the knowledge and planning techniques to help you develop transport networks that are founded on robust evidence, sustainable and equitable social principles, state-of-the-art modelling, accurate data analysis, and a profound understanding of human psychology. Read more
If you’re an ambitious engineering graduate – from a civil, mechanical, computing or electronic engineering background – this course is a smart route to a career in the expanding field of transport consultancy and public policy. Read more
If you are a numerate graduate who wants a smart track to employment in a rapidly expanding sector addressing the environmental impacts of transport, or a practitioner who wants insight into best-practice research to accelerate your career, this Masters degree is for you. Read more