Implantology is a complex subject that in the last decade has become a vital part of mainstream dentistry. With the increasing demand from patients, more dentists need to pursue continued study to equip themselves with the necessary skills and competence to tackle a range of different cases.
We have partnered with the University of Portsmouth to bring you the Certificate in Implantology, a 6-month programme designed to give dentists the confidence to start placing implants and ultimately, improve their earning potential.
Students will learn crucial topics such as bone regeneration from leading experts in the field of implantology, and will take part in face-to-face practical sessions where they will place implants and observe placement.
As part of this programme, dentists will carry out 150 hours (15 credits) of recommended and highly-recommended CPD online, which can be counted towards 5-year cycles for UK-based dentists.
Unit 1 - Foundations in Implant Dentistry (including 2-day Practical Surgical Training)
Unit 2 - Legal and Ethical Issues
Unit 3 - Communications & Complaints Handling
Unit 4 - Safeguarding
Unit 5 - Treatment Planning in Implant Dentistry (Including 2-day Practical Surgical Training)
Unit 6 - Record Keeping
Unit 7 - Dental Radiology
Unit 8 - Oral Cancer
Unit 9 - Surgical & Restorative Principles of Implantology (Including 2-day Practical Surgical Training)
Unit 10 - Disinfection & Decontamination
Unit 11 - Medical Emergencies
Unit 12 - The Reflective Practitioner (Strategies for Life-long Learning)
There will be three 2-day practical workshops over the course of the 6 months during which you will practice placing implants and observing placement.
The programme will mostly be delivered online through live webinars, recorded lectures and e-Learning. There will be instances where you will need to travel to take part in practical hands-on sessions, during which you will practice placing implants and observing placements.
Endodontics is the embodiment of the art and science of tooth maintenance with the primary aim and motivation to save the patient’s own tooth. Saving teeth through root canal work should be a fundamental skill for all dentists. This course focuses on both the art and science of endodontics to ensure the best possible outcome for patients.
This Certificate in Practical Endodontics will help practitioners progress from basic knowledge and skills to endodontic proficiency. Graduates will learn the most modern techniques during the intense hands-on workshops and during interactive live treatment sessions and case presentations. At the end of the course graduates will feel comfortable taking on challenging and complex cases.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will have a knowledge and understanding of:
• Aetiology of pulpal and periapical disease
• Signs and symptoms of pulpal and periapical disease and other endodontic problems
• Treatment options
• Teeth morphology and their enclosed root canal spaces
• Contemporary preparation and obturation techniques
• How to combine the best features of different techniques for customised treatment
• Restorative options for root-treated teeth
• The biological and practical challenges of endodontic retreatment
• Nurses will become qualified as a Dental Nurse, GDC registered and
legally allowed to work within the allowed remits of their job role as
a Dental Nurse
• Minimal time taken away from practice: the majority of the qualification
will be delivered online allowing you/your staff to learn at a time and
place that suits you
• The practice will receive a year’s worth of free CPD to support their
continued learning needs
• The learner and other practice members will receive preferential
treatment for our other qualifications (ILM, foundation and postgraduate)
• First Aid Essentials
• Reducing risks to health and safety in the dental setting
• The role and responsibilities of a dental nurse
• Prepare and maintain environment, instruments and equipment for
clinical dental procedures
• Principles of infection control in the dental environment
• Provide chairside support for the assessment of patients’ oral health
• Contribute to the production of dental images
• Provide chairside support for the prevention and control of
periodontal disease and caries and the restoration of cavities
• Provide chairside support for the provision of fixed and removable
• Provide chairside support for the non-surgical endodontic treatment
• Provide chairside support for the extraction of teeth and minor oral
• Provide information and support to patients on the protection of their
• Assessment of oral health and treatment planning
• Dental radiography
• Management of oral health diseases and dental procedures
• Mock technical certificate examination
• Revision techniques
• Preparation and experience in sitting the technical examination
• Feedback and help
• Tutor Support
• Technical Unit Exams
• Online Learning Platform
• Personal Development Plan
• eLearning Modules
Leadership and management skills are essential for all qualified dental professionals. The skills ensure appropriate patient care is
delivered and for driving innovation within dental practices.
Whether you are the principal dentist or part of the practice management team, you are often responsible for a broad range of nonclinical
aspects of the business including the performance management of staff, managing resources, marketing and budgetary
This new qualification, delivered by the UK’s leading dental education provider, Healthcare Learning is a nationally recognised
qualification specifically tailored for dental professionals. The qualification is approved by the Institute of Leadership & Management
(ILM), and learners are eligible to join this professional body.
The part-time programme is delivered online, over a period of 6 months and is designed to fit around the busy lives of dental
professionals. The course requires only 4-6 hours studying per week.
An experienced faculty with a wealth of experience of both Leadership Development and Dentistry deliver this highly interactive
programme. This is complemented by high quality eLearning. Assignments focus on addressing real-world challenges in the
participant’s own Dental Practice.
The majority of the learning will be on-line and will combine
interactive distance learning, webinars, recorded lectures and
live learning. This is an integrated programme, using the best
of new media and technology.
The education support platform provides the following:
- Student Profile
- Learning Plan
- Key Events Calendar
- My Progress Tracking
- E-learning modules
- Access to ILM Studying Membership resources
The course consists of 4 units, focusing upon key leadership
topics relevant for Dentists and Dental Practice Managers:
• Understanding the Management Role (to Improve
• Budgetary Planning and Control
• Managing Resources
• Planning and Leading (a Complex Team Activity)
Each unit is typically offered twice a year, with the option to
join the programme at any point (for example: participants
could start studying with ‘Managing Resources’, completing
their programme with ‘Budgetary Planning and Control’).
that provides the essential skills required by Dental
Professionals working in a management role.
challenges in the participant’s own Dental Practice.
participants to access the course regardless of place
We are currently accepting applications for starting January 2018 onwards.
To find out more and how to apply contact us on +44 (0)20 7400 8989 or email [email protected]
Healthcare Learning is the home of the most advanced thinking in undergraduate and postgraduate healthcare education. They are
internationally acclaimed providers of learning solutions with innovative interactive content and media rich platforms for students around
Using a wealth of experience delivering on-line solutions, Healthcare Learning offers a wide range of products and services for corporate
and healthcare organisations. These include qualifications, interactive learning courses, websites, events, publications, learning
compliance systems, bespoke solutions and mobile applications.
The MBA in Healthcare is aimed at clinical and non-clinical healthcare professionals across all sections of the healthcare industry. The programme aims to promote the best principles of management, entrepreneurship and innovation alongside showing how this can be applied to any health services agency or health-related organisation.
This part-time, two year blended-learning qualification is delivered using the very latest technology through a mixture of webinars, online lectures and face-to-face tuition. This allows you to continue with your current working commitments, whilst studying at a pace that suits your busy lifestyle.
If you want to get ahead in your healthcare career and stand out from the rest, this MBA in Healthcare is for you. Be the best you can be.
MBA in Healthcare – “Giving you the skills you need to improve performance and deliver results”
The main aims of the programme are to:
- Provide an innovative programme which develops core knowledge and understanding of the theoritical and conceptual frameworks which underpin healthcare and improvements in its delivery
- Present sound academic theories and concepts that are applicable in any healthcare setting and in any country
- Provide students with a detailed understanding of individual and organisational behaviours, the ability to synthesise, utilise and implement evidence gathered from diverse sources, and give insight into the range of techniques and tools available to support healthcare organisations and their management
- Develop skills in strategy, development and decision making within the context of the workplace environment where the skills will be applied, thereby resulting in microtransformations in health service delivery through action learning
- Deliver learning using the latest technology, enabling students to access the programme regardless of place or time zone
Part-time Distance Learning-
The majority of the learning resources will be online. The programme will combine interactive e-Learning, webinars, live learning and recorded lectures to create an integrated learning programme, using the best of new media and technology.
The programme is designed to encourage the student to take responsibility for his/her own learning. The emphasis of the MBA is on a self-directed learning approach.
The type of teaching will be distance online self-directed learning. In addition, activities on this programme will be supplemented by attendance at three residential courses to complete the hands-on portion of the course.
- Assessments take the form of Short Answer Questions (SAQs), structure essays, critical appraisal, clinical audits and work based projects and exercises
- The majority of assessments are posted online and students normally have two weeks to complete and submit
- Single best answer and reflective questions are used throughout the modules as a form of self-assessment
Candidates must be able to satisfy the general admissions criteria of the University, applicants will be required to:
- Provide evidence of a first degree or equivalent and/or
- Provide evidence of Accreditation for Prior Certificated Learning (APCL) and Accreditation of Prior Experiential Learning (APEL)
- Have a minimum of 2 years’ experience working in a relevant field
- Have access to a clinical environment
- Where the applicant’s first language is not English, applicants must produce a copy of either an IELTS certificate (score must be no less than 6.5) or a TOEFL certificate (score must be no less than 575 on the paper-based test, 230 on the computer-based test or 90 on the iBT test).
The Master’s in Clinical Dentistry (MClinDent) Endodontology programme is perfect for dentists who are keen to increase the range of endodontic options they offer. The course aims to prepare you for practice, with the theoretical knowledge and expertise you need to confidently treat the most challenging and endodontically compromised teeth.
Taught by renowned academics and experts in the field, you will learn how to use advanced technologies through a blended learning approach. You will be exposed to an intensive mix of lectures, seminars and practical workshops using advanced microscopes, piezo techniques and other contemporary ways of managing endodontic problems. You will also work with colleagues from other programmes to discuss management of patient cases with a multidisciplinary approach and develop sound judgement based on evidence.
As part of this programme, you will design and implement a research project that advances understanding in the discipline. Our objective is to provide dental surgeons with the core knowledge and clinical skills essential for the delivery of competent, high-quality dental care.
The Master's in Clinical Dentistry (MClinDent) Endodontology degree is awarded by BPP University.
This module explains the causes and aetiology of pulpal disease and how they may be treated or prevented. It provides knowledge of the morphology of teeth including the size, shape and course of the pulp chamber and canals developing an awareness of anatomical variations. Students will also be able diagnose pulpal disease, treat endodontology emergencies and advise patients of post-operative sequelae.
This module teaches students to develop a comprehensive, properly sequenced treatment plan and alternative plans based on all diagnostic data. It introduces the latest methods of managing disease of the pulp and technologies of root canal preparation, debridement and obturation underpinned by evidence-based treatment planning. It also covers restorative protocols and their influence on current thinking with regard the long-term prognosis of the root treated tooth.
If root canal treatment is not a viable or cost-effective treatment option this module gives an overview of implants and the theory of osseointegration with guidance on patient selection, diagnosis, treatment planning, and restorative protocols.
This module develops competency in retreatment of failed root canal treatment as a result of under-preparation, inadequate obturation and iatrogenic perforation of the canal system. Included is the management of facial trauma and surgical endodontology with risk assessment and determination of long-term prognosis.
This module addresses clinical aspects of occlusal treatment: diagnosis and treatment protocol, fabrication of bite splints, treatment of temporomandibular disorders, the creation of functional restorations, occlusal adjustment, and treatment of malocclusion.
Students present and treat a minimum of ten surgical cases, four of which are under supervision and appraised at an regional clinic. Students also contribute to seminars and present interesting case reports they treated or intend to treat under supervision or independently. The cases build up a clinical portfolio that is marked for evidence of successful completion of the module.
Introduces statistics, measurement, research design, and argument exploring their specific application in dental research and evaluation of different treatment modalities.
Students will be able to develop a research question and produce a research dissertation in an area relevant to their practice.
Healthcare Learning is delighted to have partnered with the Medical University of Vienna to offer you the MSc in Clinical Research. The course develops the skills and knowledge necessary to independently design, carry out and publish clinical research projects in line with scientific best-practice, ethical standards and legal requirements. This part-time, blended learning qualification offers the opportunity for both established and graduate professionals to acquire the competence to successfully lead research projects and compete on an international level.
2 years, part-time distance learning (minimum 4 semester)/ 90 ECTS
You will be required to attend 4 workshops over the two year period. Sessions run over 5 days, Monday to Friday.
The MSc is structured in 4 modules of blocked workshops. Workshops are offered on a face-to-face basis and/or online through two main forms of e-learning: live video tutorials and engaging webinars, allowing you to study the course wherever you are and, as much as possible, at the times that suit you.
This MSc in Pharmacy Administration and Pharmacy policy specialising in Regulatory Sciences from the University of Western Cape and Healthcare Learning was developed to address the urgent need for trained and skilled professionals working on the regulation of medicines. This course gives you the required knowledge about current regulatory issues in the drug development and pharmaceutical industry in emerging markets such as China, South Africa, India, Russia and Latin America. Our online deliver is designed to allow busy professionals around the would the time and freedom to gain an accredited masters degree without taking time out from your career.
This programme is designed for professionals in the pharmaceutical industry who wish to gain a deep understanding of drug registration and the regulation of medicines already on the market. It is also suitable for recent graduates in relevant disciplines who wish to enter the pharmaceutical industry.
The programme consists of eleven separate modules plus a research project and is completed over 2 years. It is delivered online through a combination of downloadable multimedia-enhanced lectures, live online tutorials and self-directed study. There are also optional onsite sessions for leadership and negotiation and ethics modules.
Covering the foundations of Implant dentistry right through to advanced treatment procedures, this innovative blended learning programme will give dentists' the skills and knowledge required to give the best treatment possible to their patients.
The programme is part-time and will run over the course of 2 years, commencing in February 2017. This technology driven qualification is delivered from a high class international faculty through which students will communicate with a diverse global community of peers.
The programme covers six units including:
- Unit 1: Introduction
- Unit 2: Treatment Planning
- Unit 3: Prosthodontics
- Unit 4: Introduction to Surgical Techniques
The programme aims to:
- Provide an innovative programme that enhances current knowledge and clinical skills in Implant Dentistry
- To present sound academic theory and high quality practical training in Implant Dentistry by world class mentors
- To provide students with the confidence and ability to enhance their current clinical practice by incorporating the latest advances in technology and research
- To deliver learning using the latest technology enabling students to access the course regardless of places or time zone whilst maintaining their dental practice
As we believe that all our students should have an unrivalled learning experience, we will only be accepting a limited intake for the first cohort.
To learn more, please visit: http://www.healthcare-qualifications.com/implant-dentistry/
Alternatively you can speak to a member of the Healthcare Learning team by calling