Overview. Human Resource Management is currently one of the fastest-growing management fields. Organizations are increasingly recognizing the strategic role of human capital for achieving significant business results, sustainable growth and innovation.
Human Resource Management is currently one of the fastest-growing management fields. Organizations are increasingly recognizing the strategic role of human capital for achieving significant business results, sustainable growth and innovation. Our vision is to develop managers with a sharp insight on people issues who will act as agents of transformation and as strategic investors in their organizations’ human capital. HR professionals can make a critical contribution to the process of business value creation. If you share this vision and aspire to play such a role in your organization, our program can help you reach your goals.
The MSc in Strategic HRM Is Designed for:
- The new generation of HR professionals that will act as strategic partners and effectively align people strategies with business strategies.
- Other professionals in managerial positions who will strategically lead their organizations' human capital and act as coaches to unleash their people's talents and full potential.
- Strong applications from recent university graduates who wish to launch their career in the HR field will also be considered.
Investment in Human Capital pays off:
- Those companies with a highly engaged workforce improved operating income by 19.2% over a period of 12 months, whilst those companies with low engagement scores saw operating income decline by 32.7% over the same period (Towers Watson).
- The lost productivity of actively disengaged employees costs the US economy $370 billion annually (Gallup Institute).
- 70% of Chief Executive Officers consider talent management top strategic priority and believe talent retention is a struggle (PwC Annual Global CEO Survey).
- 53% of CEOs see skill shortage for key positions as a major challenge (PwC Annual Global CEO Survey).
- 93% of Chief Financial Officers consider human capital as a critical factor for customer satisfaction (Mercer).
Key features of the program
- Weekday classes between 18:00 – 22:00 (and occasionally weekends), twice a week on average
- A 18-month program commencing every January
- Assessment: group reports/presentations, case study analysis, mid-term tests, final exams (18:00 – 21:00)
- 14 core courses and 8 workshops
- Dissertation or Internship or Coursework
- International Recognition: Accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC), accredited from EPAS (European Foundation for Management Development), and Acknowledgement for Full Alignment with the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) HR Curriculum Guidebook and Templates.
- The quality and academic standing of its faculty, both resident and visiting.
- The practical workshops offered within its curriculum in collaboration with field specialists like Korn Ferry / HAY Group. The personal coaching and focus on personal skills through the course of Leadership Development.
- The internship opportunities it offers for eligible students, in HR-related positions.
- The role of ALBA as a Scientific Coordinator of the BEST WORKPLACES Competition in Greece as well as for the Recruitment Confidence Index (RCI). Participants in the MSc in Strategic HRM have the opportunity to learn the best HR practices as well as the latest labor trends in Greece and Europe.
- Opportunities to take courses abroad through student exchange agreements with a large network of top Business Schools worldwide.
Upon the completion of the Programme students will be able to:
- Communicate effectively using a range of media.
- Manage time effectively, demonstrate initiative and personal responsibility for their work.
- Work effectively as part of a team.
- Demonstrate self-awareness and the ability to reflect on experience and to plan and carry out continuous personal development.