The Master's programme in Media and Communication combines practical journalism and communication theory, giving you the ideal preparation for your future career, be it in academia or in journalism.
About the programme
The Master's programme in Media and Communication combines practical journalism and communication theory, giving you the ideal preparation for your future career, be it in academia or in journalism. Building on your undergraduate degree, you will gain advanced knowledge and skills in selected areas of focus and in the interdisciplinary extension modules.
You will also gain a broad grounding in social science, as the programme's core modules include Communication Studies, Media Studies, Media Informatics and Media Education. This Master's degree builds on the profile of the Bachelor of Arts in Media and Communication Studies, which was voted one of the best Media Studies programmes in Germany in the 2011 CHE ranking and has received the Seal of Quality of the German Foundation for the Accreditation of Study Programmes.
– Bavaria's first cross-media editorial room with a state-of-the-art newsroom
– The Centre for Media and Communications is the first of its kind among German universities
– Additional cross-media-related courses taught by expert professional instructors
– Close co-operation with visiting lecturers
– Plenty of opportunities to get involved in one of the campus media student groups (TV, radio, web and print)
– An annual Journalism Summer School for highly motivated students
– The Institute of Interdisciplinary Media Science (IFIM) provides the interdisciplinary backup for all areas of teaching and research
– Excellent internship opportunities owing to the close relationships with regional, national and international media organisations
– Study at Germany's most beautiful campus university (2009 Unicum survey)