Successfully managing media business, developing new products and designing communication strategies for diverse audience requires a remarkably comprehensive knowledge of social trends, new media and technology combined with business management expertise. Therefore, the media sector seeks managers who bring both strategic and operational skills and are competent enough to navigate the challenges created by shifting demographics, new media and trends.
The course, which takes a firm cross-media approach, aims to foster an entrepreneurial approach, leadership skills and creative thinking. Students learn to see media development in the overall context of social change. Graduates are not only able to understand the media but also to shape and direct them. All facets of strategic and operational management are combined with a deeper knowledge of business administration, comprehensive project know-how and practical application to case studies. The programme is aimed at graduates from the fields of business administration, communication science and related areas, as well as young professionals from agencies, communications departments and media companies, who wish to hold management positions.
Learning by doing
With a large network of more than 500 partner companies, our students have unmatched proximity to the media and design industry. Through exciting practice-projects with our partners, students have the opportunity to gain real work experiences while studying. See what kind of exciting projects our students get to work on here: http://www.macromedia-university.com/projects.html
The benefits of choosing the Macromedia University
• Top position in CHE Ranking 2014/15
• Small classes with intensive, individual supervision
• Globally recognised, state-approved degrees, accredited by FIBAA
• Campuses in Berlin & Munich: two of the Top 5 “Most Affordable Cities for Students 2015” worldwide
• Authentic, practice oriented projects with over 500 well-known companies
• Highly qualified professors and industry insiders as lecturers
• International students from all continents
• Career perspectives in Germany: 18 months visa after successful graduation
• Master’s degree over three days a week (e.g. from Thursday to Saturday)
• Pre-Semester course available online
• Buddy network for international students
• Several Programmes entirely in English
• Campus locations situated in the very centre of Germany’s industrial locations
• Worldwide network of Partner Universities
Summer term: Non-EU 15.12 / EU 15.02
Winter term: Non-EU 15.07 / EU 15.08
In exceptional cases, deadlines may be extended.
Our student advisors are always happy to answer any questions you may have. You can use our online chat or contact us via WhatsApp to talk to us. You can also give us a call or use the information request form on our international website http://www.macromedia-university.com.