About the programme
Uniquely among German universities, this accredited Master's programme in Geography allows students to combine regional studies with tourism research and specialise in one of seven world regions, as well as learn the corresponding language.
The M.A. Geography includes compulsory courses in business, economics and cultural studies, based on the University's highly successful International Cultural and Business Studies programme.
While studying this programme you will develop the skill set needed to tackle complex issues in regional development and tourism through the use of integrated and cross-disciplinary methodologies. In-depth regional knowledge and extensive intercultural competence round off the profile of this hands-on programme.
– A combination of subjects that is unique in Germany
– Core subjects: Cultural and Environmental Geography, Regional Studies and Tourism, Management and Marketing, and Inter-disciplinary Regional and Tourism Analysis
– Specialise in a world region of your choice and learn the corresponding language
The degree programme consists of three module groups:
A) Core modules
B) Cultural studies focus modules
C) Profile modules
A) You will complete all four core modules of this group:
– Cultural and Environmental Geography
– Regional Studies and Tourism
– Management and Marketing
– Interdisciplinary Regional and Tourism Analysis
B) In module group B, you will choose one of the following regional specialisations: the anglophone world, the francophone world, the Ibero-Roman area, Italy, Eastern Central Europe, Southeast Asia or Germany.
C) Module group C provides a choice of either regional studies or the tourism research profile.
As part of the programme, you will write a thesis on a topic chosen from the profile modules or one of the core modules in cultural and environmental geography, regional studies and tourism, or interdisciplinary regional and tourism analysis. The programme amounts to a total of 120 ECTS credits.