About the programme
Globalisation holds both great risks and immense opportunities; it also creates excellent career prospects for qualified graduates. One of the cornerstones of this preogramme is its interdisciplinary curriculum, which prepares students for work at the intersection of various academic disciplines.
In the core modules and your chosen interdisciplinary focus modules, you will study political theory, governance research and, building on this, comparative theories of government, European integration research, the changing traditional institutions before the background of complex multi-layered systems, as well as public policy design and implementation. Foreign languages, empirical social research know-how and scientific theory round off the qualification profile of those graduating in this degree programme.
This is an accredited programme of study which has received the Seal of Quality of the Foundation for the Accreditation of Study Programmes in Germany.
– The only Governance and Public Policy programme in Germany to include public law modules
– A unique range of courses and excellent staff-student ratio in small master's classes
– A top-ranked programme, e.g. CHE Ranking 2012/13
– A large number of partnerships with universities abroad, particularly useful for students on this degree programme (UK, France, USA, Pakistan and other countries)
– One of only eight degree programmes in Germany to have been included in the Public Policy and Good Governance programme of the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD)
– Gain a supplementary qualification – the Certificate of Digital Humanities