The rapid growth of urbanization coupled with the rise of digital technologies has contributed to a huge transformation of city lives. While we are facing several challenges in different fronts such as transportation, energy and living spaces, advances in technology have opened up a range of new opportunities to innovate and design smart cities. Smart Cities go beyond offering a decent quality of life. Smart Cities are characterised by, among other things, efficient use of resources, intelligent mobility solutions, digitalized services, low emissions and smart infrastructures.
Smart City Market is continually growing as cities and governments around the world acknowledge the urgency of urban innovation and transition. Therefore, we need smart concepts and vision for cities. This is where our graduates add value.
We prepare our students to become experts who can create sustainable future solutions for our cities and mobility by applying innovative design management.
The Master’s degree in Smart City Design is taught in English and is designed to provide you with sound competencies in business, management and design. You will be studying topics of architecture, ecology and sociology with an emphasis on digital services. You will learn to analyze requirements, opportunities and risks in order to develop realistic future scenarios for the urban environment.
Through project work and case studies, you will learn about the emerging trends such as autonomous driving, renewable energies and e-governance. The study course provides you with, among other things, expert knowledge about modern working methods such as agile project management and design thinking.
Interested? Contact us to learn more.
With a large network of more than 500 partner companies, our students have unmatched proximity to the media and design industry. Through exciting practice-projects with our partners, students have the opportunity to gain real work experiences while studying. See what kind of exciting projects our students get to work on here: http://www.macromedia-university.com/projects.html
The benefits of choosing Macromedia University
• Top position in CHE Ranking 2014/15, globally recognized degrees accredited by FIBAA
• Small classes with intensive, individual supervision
• Campuses in Berlin & Munich: two of the Top 10 “Best Student Cities 2017” worldwide
• Authentic, practice oriented projects with over 500 well-known companies
• Highly qualified professors and industry insiders as lecturers
• International students from all continents
• Career perspectives in Germany: 18 months visa after successful graduation
• Master’s degree over three days a week (e.g. from Thursday to Saturday)
• Pre-Semester course available online
• Buddy network for international students
• Campus locations situated in the very centre of Germany’s industrial locations
• Worldwide network of Partner Universities
Summer term: Non-EU 15.01 / EU 15.02
Pre-semester / Winter term: Non-EU 15.07 / EU 15.08
Our Student Advisors are always happy to answer any questions you may have. You can use our online chat or contact us via WhatsApp to talk to us. You can also give us a call or use the information request form on our international website http://www.macromedia-university.com.