What are the solutions to the environmental issues on a global scale, like climate change, sustainable development and the greenhouse effect? What alternative sources of energy do we need to explore?.
What are the solutions to the environmental issues on a global scale, like climate change, sustainable development and the greenhouse effect? What alternative sources of energy do we need to explore?
The Master's degree programme in Energy and Environmental Sciences focuses on the large-scale issues and tries to contribute to possible solutions to the energy and environmental challenges.
The programme is connected to the Energy and Sustainability Research Institute Groningen (ESRIG). Several research groups are joining forces in ESRIG resulting in a variety of research subjects, such as:
* Polymer and organic solar cells
* Climate and atmosphere
* Combustion technology
* Bio-fuels technology, land and ocean-based
* Renewable energy
* Energy and land use scenario's and modeling
The Master's programme is accessible for several Bachelor degrees in Natural Sciences.
Why in Groningen?
- Energy and Sustainability are main research focus areas
- Accessible for several Bachelor's degrees in Natural Sciences
- Excellent career prospects
- Offering interdisciplinary system and several experimental specialisations
Energy and Environmental scientists from the University of Groningen are renown for their interdisciplinary systems-approach and/or specialised experimental skills. In general they easily obtain jobs in their field of study at or in:
- Research institutes or universities
- Companies like major consultancy firms
- Governmental agencies