IE School of Communication's Master in Digital Journalism is designed to introduce students to the world of media and provide them with professional training on reporting and editing functions across all media. Students will be able to witness their transformation from the beginning to the end of the course. Throughout the program, their work will evolve and will become part of their portfolio of prepared pieces after formal, as well as, informal “real encounters” with their own primary and secondary sources, consisting of executives, regulators, lobbyists, stakeholders and politicians among other.
The program is designed to provide students from very early on, with professional training on newsroom and freelance work for international careers in economics and business journalism for a variety of reporter and editor positions as well as careers in consultancies with a focus in financial communications, both in traditional and digital media.
Aside from its very practical and professional approach, the Master in Economics & Business Journalism will focus on economics and media globalization, developing countries, national economic policies, as well as multinational corporations, publicly traded and leading strategic industrial sectors. Additionally, students will be introduced to the concept and role of philanthropic and family initiatives, consumer associations and the “small investor” within the financial market, with the goal to learn how to analyze the products of derivatives´ markets and carry out company assessments.
IEs Master in Digital Journalism is characterized by a number of specific features that make the program stand out, making your time at IE truly unique:
• Faculty academic excellence with hands-on approach to teaching.
• Creation of own portfolio. Students will start building their own portfolio of professional pieces.
• International & multicultural student intake. IEs diversity is strongly reflected in the international and multicultural student intake. The IE Community represents over 37.000 Alumni in more than 100 countries.
• MediaLab sessions. Throughout the course, students will have workshops run in our MediaLab (radio, television, editing and digital newsrooms) located in our campus in Segovia. The MediaLab, with its own digital writing, editing and control rooms will be the real space where students will work on gathering information, reading, writing, and broadcasting news.
• Speaker Series. Throughout the year, students will attend a series of conferences by renowned professionals within the field of communication.
• IEs international recognition as one of the Top 10 Business Schools in the world, according to international journals such as The Financial Times, The Economist or The Wall Street Journal.