The prerequisite to deliver dental implants in a correct three-dimensional position is to have sufficient volume of bone.
Moderate to severe bone defects are quite common and therefore constitute a significant challenge to the clinician.
Skilled use of regenerative materials can overcome the patients’ morbidity issues associate to the use of large autogenous grafts. This masterclass
program provides the knowledge and the core skills to allow dentists to manage sever alveolar bone defects with or without dental implants with
the use of Guide Bone Regeneration. In addition, the program provides in-depth knowledge of regenerative techniques to save periodontally severe
compromised teeth. This will enable dentists to treat more patients and provide them with cutting edge technology to treat the most challenging cases.
• Understand the principles of guided bone regeneration and guided
• Undertake expert patient diagnosis for vertical and horizontal
• Make informed choices in graft selection and treatment planning
• Apply the latest techniques to reconstruct peri-implant soft and hard
tissues around dental implants or around teeth.
• Devise effective post-operative protocols.
This Masterclass programme provides the knowledge and core skills required to manage severe vertical bone defects and treat them using
Guided Bone Regeneration. The use of such grafts can significantly reduce patient morbidity, restoring adequate bone volume to allow the
placing of implants without compromise on positioning. In addition, the Masterclass provides the knowledge to reconstruct lost periodontal
tissues around previously diseased teeth. This enables to save compromised teeth and avoid extraction.
The Masterclass is delivered in small group workshops ensuring a very high
level of individual support and guidance.
All students will benefit from access to a wealth of on-line resources, being
part of an alumni group to enable ongoing professional development and the
possibility to perform a live surgery in practice by operating on a patient who
requires severe bone regeneration in a time frame of 12 months after the masterclass.
1. The participants will learn how to fully assess the patient for a correct diagnosis and case selection following specific guidelines.
2. The participants will know when and how they can save a tooth by means of periodontal regeneration.
3. The participants will experience with their own hands the challenge of a vertical bone augmentation surgery, with particular
emphasis on the precise steps of the surgical procedures
4. The participant will be able to learn all the tips and tricks that make GBR successful and learn how to avoid surgical pitfalls.
5. The participant will become confident in treating patients with bone defects by applying the GBR technique.
6. The participant will learn how to handle the soft tissues during GBR which are crucial to achieve success.