The program is structured in in two different blocks: core requirements and majors.
In the first block student will develop advanced knowledge and competencies in the areas of intellectual property rights, data analysis, strategic management and corporate governance, comparative cultural policies and fundraising, project and event management, consumer relationship management and cultural mediation, performance management and evaluation,
In the second block, the student will choose one of the following major including compulsory and elective courses and workshops which aim at better defining and specializing students’ skills and professional orientation in different fields and subsector in the creative economy:
- Arts Markets, Heritage and Culture;
- Cities, Tourism and Events;
- Fashion and Design;
- Performing Arts and Enterteinment.
The Master of Science in Economics and Management in Arts, Culture, Media and Entertainment has the following educational objectives:
- provide a business preparation (management control, planning management, marketing, government and strategy) taking into account the different business functions in order to work in the areas of contemporary arts, cultural heritage, media, tourism, show business and fashion; and to understand the evolution in the arts and culture;
- provide a unitary understanding in the various sectors of arts, culture, the media and entertainment, especially in the choice of strategy, governance and economic character of companies belonging to the same field;
- complete the business and juridical studies providing competences in subjects as economics and quantitative and juridical, so as to develop interdisciplinary problem analysis skills;
- develop competences via educational activities inside and outside the classroom which promote student-teacher interaction and interaction between the students themselves as well as complex problem analysis and problem solving skills, ability to present and discuss the results of one’s work;
- promote competence (in the business area) in the use of English and of a second EU language to work effectively and efficiently in one’s profession.