The objective of the Master is to provide participants with the skills to successfully work in the field of European cooperation, through the use of funding for education, training, culture, research, development and external cooperation made available by the European Commission.
The Master provides participants with the skills to:
- analyse the current European funding opportunities and calls for proposal
- develop effective project ideas
- create transnational project partnerships
- fill in the application form for the submission of European projects
- organize and plan the Financial Aspects of the project
- manage the European project’s activities
- manage relations with the partnership and with the European Commission /Agencies
- reach the project objectives and expected outcomes
- monitor and evaluate the project
- promote the exploitation and sustainability of the project
- carry out an effective project financial management
- organize the project material for external audits
The Master programme is organized in two main modules:
Module 1) European Project Planning
- Analysis of European funding opportunities
- Matching ideas with current funding programmes
- Development of effective project ideas
- Creation of transnational project partnerships
- Filling in the Application Form for the submission of a European Project
- Planning of the project budget
- Project self-assessment
- The project evaluation process
Module 2) European Project Management
- Contractual procedures
- Project Life Cycle and Organization
- The Logical Framework Approach
- Planning of project work
- Management of the project partnership
- Communication and leadership
- Monitoring the project development
- Quality issues and best practice
- Dissemination, exploitation and sustainability
- Creation and delivery of project reports
- Financial management and administrative issues
- Auditing of European projects
The detailed programme is available at: http://europlan.pixel-online.org/files/MST/programme/Master-Programme-2015.pdf
The international Master in European Project Planning and Management has a total duration of 5 months (800 hours) organized as follows:
- 2 months of classroom based training and project work. The classroom based training has a duration of 8 hour a day, from 9.00 to 13.00 and from 14.00 to 18.00. The classroom based course is held in Florence (Italy). The classroom based part of the Master course is held at Pixel, in Florence (Italy).
- 3 months of internship, in public or private organizations. The intern works as an Assistant European project manager. The internship is held in one of the partner organizations based in one of the European Union’s member states.
The approach used is highly practical, based on the expertise of the course trainers who have 15 to 25 years experience in European project planning, management, assessment and auditing.
Practical simulations are carried out for each topic analyzed. The objective of the practical activities is the simulation of the planning and management of European projects. At the end of the Master, every work group will have produced: a European project including the application form, budget, transnational partnership, administrative requirements, supporting documents etc.
The Master offers the participants the opportunity to carry out a three month internship abroad in one of the European Union’s countries. The organizations hosting the students for the internship are all actively involved in European projects. Every student carries out the internship with the role of Assistant European Project Manager. The internship therefore gives the participants the opportunity to immediately put into practice the skills acquired through a direct involvement in the management of European projects.
The list of the organizations willing to host a student of the Master for an internship is available at: http://europlan.pixel-online.org/MST_partners.php
Testimonials that were made by participants in the previous editions of the European Project Planning in service training course are available at: http://europlan.pixel-online.org/MST_testimonials.php
WHY CHOOSE THIS MASTER?
For 6 good reasons:
1) The training content.
The Master provides participants with practical skills to access the funding opportunities made available by the European Commission and to submit quality project applications. The participants will also acquire the skills to successfully organize and manage European projects and to carry out an effective project financial planning and control. More at: http://europlan.pixel-online.org/MST_programme.php
2) The skills, experience and expertise of the international teaching staff.
The trainers represent several European countries and all have 15 to 25 years of experience in planning, managing, assessing and auditing European projects. The trainers involved are: senior European project planners, senior European project managers, senior executives of the former offices of the European Commission, Evaluators for the European Commission, Auditors etc. See their profiles at: http://europlan.pixel-online.org/MST_teachingstaff.php
3) The skills, experience and expertise of the coordinator of the Master.
Pixel, has fifteen years of experience in European project planning and management and is/was directly involved in over 75 European projects funded in the framework of past and current programmes managed by the European Commission. More at: http://europlan.pixel-online.org/MST_promoters.php
4) The practical approach.
Practical simulations are constantly carried out throughout the delivery of the Master course. At the end of the Master course, every participant will have contributed to the writing of a European project and to the development of a European project management strategy.
5) The International Internship.
All participants carry out a three month internship abroad, in one of the European Union’s countries. The organizations hosting the students for the internship are all actively involved in European project planning and management and therefore every student carries out the internship with the role of Assistant European Project Manager. More at: http://europlan.pixel-online.org/MST_internship.php
6) The colleagues attending the Master.
The Master is opened to graduates from all over the world. Therefore each participant works with colleagues from other countries who are likely to become future partners of projects that will be prepared and submitted. More at: http://europlan.pixel-online.org/MST_testimonials.php
For further information and to request the enrolment form, please contact:
Via Luigi Lanzi 12
Further information on the Master is available on line at: http://europlan.pixel-online.org/MST_intro.php
The Registration Form is available at: http://europlan.pixel-online.org/files/MST/Registration_Form.pdf