By the end of the program, students will have acquired the key competencies to manage fashion, design and luxury companies successfully and will be able to evolve professionally within the cosmopolitan, culture-intensive and hypercompetitive environment typical of these industries.
Students have the opportunity to follow the MSc in Fashion, Design and Luxury Management program in the following locations:
- Grenoble - http://en.grenoble-em.com/grenoble-vibrant-and-welcoming
- Paris - http://en.grenoble-em.com/paris
WHY CHOOSE TO DO A MSC IN FASHION, DESIGN AND LUXURY MANAGEMENT?
The MSc in Fashion, Design and Luxury Management is designed to provide international companies in these industries with the profiles they need to be highly competitive in a complex environment.
The fashion, design and luxury industries are design-intensive and innovation-oriented industries, providing very good opportunities for growth in a hypercompetitive environment. For this reason, companies in these industries are seeking to recruit experts aware of the specific dynamics of these fields, able to manage companies and develop brands in a successful way.
Students enrolled in the MSc Fashion, Design and Luxury Management will benefit from a high-level faculty with both academic and professional experience.
Taught entirely in English, this program offers students the international perspective and the industry-specific culture they will need in order to become skilled managers in these hypercompetitive industries.
Through their coursework, students will acquire the management tools and techniques and the overall industry culture needed to develop and govern fashion, design and luxury brands in a highly competitive global and complex environment. The course covers essential management skills as well as more industry-specific competencies:
- Principles of luxury and luxury brand management
- Luxury sectorial analysis
- Technology and innovation in the fashion and design business
- Creative fundamentals of fashion and design
- Sustainable design, luxury and fashion management.
- Intercultural Management and International Negotiations
- Global Leadership and People Management
- International Trade
- Branding and Brand Equity Management
- Strategic Management
- Finance and Accounting
FASHION, DESIGN & LUXURY MANAGEMENT
- Technology and Innovation in the Fashion and Design Business
- Industrial Design
- Interior Design and Merchandising
- Sustainable Luxury and Design
- Luxury Sectorial Analysis:
- Food, Wine and Hospitality
- Boats, Cars and Motorbikes
- Jewelry and Watches
- Perfumes, Cosmetics and Eyewear
- Accessories and Leather Goods
- Distribution Channels and Digital Marketing in the Fashion Industry
- Fundamentals of Fashion and Design
- Principles of Luxury and Managing Luxury Brands
- Integrated Communications Strategy
- Production, Operations, Purchasing and Supply Chain in the Fashion Industry
- Customer Management and Customer Intelligence
- The Legal Context of the Design and Fashion Industry
Students will take part in an international study trip of one week in one European Fashion Capital. They will have the opportunity to meet with leading industry professionals and visit companies in the fashion, design and luxury industries.
During the company visits students will work on a project relating to one of these industries and in alignment with their future career ambitions.
Each student will undertake an internship of a minimum of three months in a company of their choice at the end of the classroom part of the program. The internship will contribute directly to the content of the Final Management Project and may take place anywhere in the world.
FINAL MANAGEMENT PROJECT
The second year of the program is dedicated to the Final Management Project which will be undertaken under the supervision of a GGSB professor.
Students will focus on a management aspect of the fashion, design and luxury industries; they are also encouraged to choose the subject of the Final Management Project in coherence with their future career goals. It is possible to complete the project in parallel with an employment or an internship in France or abroad.
Foreign language skills are essential in a globally competitive business environment. The program is taught in English, and no prior knowledge of French is required to attend the program. Students have the possibility of learning French or another foreign language such as Spanish or Chinese during the program.
This language component, although not compulsory, is highly recommended for students who intend to pursue an international career, since companies in the Fashion, Design and Luxury industry are currently recruiting personnel speaking the language of the country in which they are based, in addition to English and in-demand languages like Chinese or Russian.
The MSc in Fashion, Design and Luxury Management will be offered at the GGSB Grenoble, Paris and London campuses.
Students enrolled in the program will:
- Acquire and develop the specific management skills required for a successful career in fashion, design, and luxury industries
- Benefit from teaching staff with extensive scientific and professional industry experience
- Enjoy study trips with visits to companies and industry-specific fairs and events
- Study in a multicultural and creative learning environment
- Understand the creation of value in the fashion, design and luxury industries
It is expected that graduates of this MSc program will either take up positions in multinational companies in the fashion, design and luxury industries or will become entrepreneurs able to found and develop their own companies.
The program will prepare graduates for positions in sourcing, purchasing, product development, product management, public relations, events, store retail management, people management and entrepreneurship.
Candidates should have excellent written and oral communication skills, as well as strong interpersonal skills and the motivation to pursue an international career.
No prior knowledge of the fashion, design and luxury management industries is required, but applicants should demonstrate a strong interest in this area and have a clear idea of how the program will help them achieve career goals.
- Bachelor-level undergraduate degree in any subject with good grade average.
- Work experience is not compulsory.
- Fluency in English (see test requirements below).