The Post Master's degree in Communications for ITS offers the necessary knowledge required by engineers and managers to design Connected Cars / Connected Mobility applications to fully apprehend the innovations and unique opportunities of the Vehicular Communications industry.
CONTEXT - Connected Cars and ITS
Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) promise to be one of the most dynamic and innovative specialization fields with a large expected industrial and business growth over the next decade. ITS aim at adding information and communication technologies to transportation infrastructures and vehicles in order to allow public agencies and transportation companies to improve
- traffic safety by reducing accidents.
- traffic efficiency by regulating and better distributing the traffic load, or smoothing tolling station congestions.
- the carbon footprint towards green driving and logistics, or deploying fully electric vehicles.
The emphasis of the Post Master's degree is on:
- Providing a balanced theoretical and practical expertise required by leading industries in the ITS domain.
- Analysis and quantifications of the benefits of ITS on the environments and the society.
- Understanding the challenges and required mechanisms to efficiently interconnect vehicles and transportation infrastructures.
- Gaining a deep understanding on major application domains of ITS, such as traffic safety, traffic efficiency, or infotainment and comfort.
- Formulation and modeling of problems typically observed in ITS applications,
- investigation of the impact and benefits of vehicular communications in the different application areas of ITS