Application period/deadline: March 14 - 28, 2018
• The only master’s programme in Nordic Countries focusing on Product Management
• Multi-disciplinary degree that combines technical knowledge, economic methods, and understanding of human behaviour
• Close collaboration with the industry and business
Industrial Engineering and Management (IEM) combines technical knowledge, economic methods and the understanding of human behaviour. The students will learn to explore phenomena and to solve problems from the three aforementioned perspectives. Product Management major focuses on the development and management of products and services throughout their life-cycles. Product management major is designed to provide the student with the ability to:
• Analyse, design, and develop different technologies, products, and services
• Manage technologies, product life-cycle and product development processes
• Understand product management and product portfolio management’s principles, goals, processes, and information systems
• Master the phases of productisation, including requirement management, design, delivery, maintenance, and removal
Product management major in the master’s programme in Industrial Engineering and Management can be complemented with the courses related to production management, organisation and knowledge management, project management, and engineering studies.
The degree programme involves close collaboration with industry and business, meaning that lectures include practical cases that improve the learning experience. Guests from various organisations are often invited to speak in the lectures. Assignments are typically connected to practical industrial problems and challenges, allowing students to gain industry experience as they start building networks within the business world. The language of instruction in the degree programme is English and many exchange and international degree programme students participate in the courses. In addition, exchange studies abroad are recommended for the students. A lot of cooperation exist with other universities in Europe, Asia, and North America.
Graduates typically work in technical economic development and management positions in companies or other organisations. The graduates will have expertise in new product development, rapid development and productisation. They will be competent in different areas of product management such as strategic fit, value maximisation and balancing the product portfolio, and they can use their knowledge when solving challenging problems in various, especially technology-intensive, industries.
Possible titles include:
• Product manager
• Product Data Manager
• Product Development Engineer
• Product Portfolio Manager
Application period/deadline: March 14 - 28, 2018
• An internationally comparable degree in Economics from an AASCB accredited business school
• Cutting-edge research-based knowledge in international business management
• Global outlook and inspiring international environment with industry involvement for professional growth and personal development
The international master’s degree programme in International Business Management (IBM) is a two-year research-based programme that focuses on developing, managing and leading international businesses by combining various topics through a multidisciplinary approach. The distinctive nature of the education stems from the combination of management and international business especially from the viewpoints of strategy, innovativeness, entrepreneurship, and social responsibility. The education concentrates on the complexities in international for-profit companies and non-profit organizations, their relationships, and wider business networks or economic areas, such as states and nations. Understanding of these complexities is essential for the social, economic, and ecological sustainability of businesses and organizations.
A close connection between theory and practice is maintained in research, teaching, and company projects. During the studies, students have a possibility to perform assignments for small and large companies. The programme aims to give students the tools needed in managing, creating, and developing a variety of international organizations, including new ventures. Teaching that combines theoretical and practical aspects both in the contents, and teaching methods, provides tools and skills to manage growth-oriented, knowledge based business in dynamic and global business environments.
The programme provides the basis for expertise in areas such as:
• Business designing, venture growth strategies, and international entrepreneurship
• Developing an innovative mind-set and new businesses
• Strategic thinking
• Responsible business management and leadership
• Leading multinationals, mergers, acquisitions, and joint ventures
• Legal issues related to international business
The skills gained in the programme offer you a solid academic training and essential knowledge on managing and leading international businesses. General learning outcomes of the programme are:
• Analytical thinking, economic problem solving, and business decision making
• Deep and coherent understanding of international business management
• Ability to use, process and analyze economic and/or business information
• Ability to act as future generators of sustainable value for business and society
• Ability to conduct research projects independently
The IBM graduates will be awarded a Master of Science degree, majoring in International Business Management. The degree provides a good qualification for doctoral studies in the fields of management and international business, and opens career paths that may lead to different managerial positions and entrepreneurial activities.
Possible job titles include:
• Business Development Manager
• Management Consultant
• Key Account Manager
• Sales Manager
Students applying for the programme must possess an applicable B.Sc. degree, most often from the field of business, social sciences, or engineering.