Application period/deadline: March 14 - 28, 2018
• An internationally comparable degree in Economics from an AASCB accredited business school
• Cutting-edge research-based knowledge in international business management
• Global outlook and inspiring international environment with industry involvement for professional growth and personal development
The international master’s degree programme in International Business Management (IBM) is a two-year research-based programme that focuses on developing, managing and leading international businesses by combining various topics through a multidisciplinary approach. The distinctive nature of the education stems from the combination of management and international business especially from the viewpoints of strategy, innovativeness, entrepreneurship, and social responsibility. The education concentrates on the complexities in international for-profit companies and non-profit organizations, their relationships, and wider business networks or economic areas, such as states and nations. Understanding of these complexities is essential for the social, economic, and ecological sustainability of businesses and organizations.
A close connection between theory and practice is maintained in research, teaching, and company projects. During the studies, students have a possibility to perform assignments for small and large companies. The programme aims to give students the tools needed in managing, creating, and developing a variety of international organizations, including new ventures. Teaching that combines theoretical and practical aspects both in the contents, and teaching methods, provides tools and skills to manage growth-oriented, knowledge based business in dynamic and global business environments.
The programme provides the basis for expertise in areas such as:
• Business designing, venture growth strategies, and international entrepreneurship
• Developing an innovative mind-set and new businesses
• Strategic thinking
• Responsible business management and leadership
• Leading multinationals, mergers, acquisitions, and joint ventures
• Legal issues related to international business
The skills gained in the programme offer you a solid academic training and essential knowledge on managing and leading international businesses. General learning outcomes of the programme are:
• Analytical thinking, economic problem solving, and business decision making
• Deep and coherent understanding of international business management
• Ability to use, process and analyze economic and/or business information
• Ability to act as future generators of sustainable value for business and society
• Ability to conduct research projects independently
The IBM graduates will be awarded a Master of Science degree, majoring in International Business Management. The degree provides a good qualification for doctoral studies in the fields of management and international business, and opens career paths that may lead to different managerial positions and entrepreneurial activities.
Possible job titles include:
• Business Development Manager
• Management Consultant
• Key Account Manager
• Sales Manager
Students applying for the programme must possess an applicable B.Sc. degree, most often from the field of business, social sciences, or engineering.
Application period/deadline: March 14 - 28, 2018
• Become an expert in global education policy, education systems and curricula, quality, ethics and leadership
• We educate students for socially responsible leadership in complex and diverse societies, environments, and work communities
• A truly international group that ensures multiple perspectives
Education and Globalisation is a full-time two-year international master's programme. The programme emphasises North-South-East-West dialogue and includes studies in international education, interculturalism, globalisation and their effects on various sectors of education.
The programme focuses on the following areas in education on both local and global levels:
• Comparative research
Students major in Educational Sciences. The programme includes a minor subject (Education in Transition) for those who have not studied Education in their previous studies. Other relevant minors can be chosen if student has studied education in previous studies.
To strengthen the work-life relevance and students’ professional development, the programme includes a mandatory internship period. Internship can be done in Finland or internationally in a variety of different settings, such as intergovernmental agencies, non-governmental organisations, or educational institutions.
After completing the programme, students are awarded a Master of Arts (Education) degree which enables them to continue their academic studies at doctoral level. This degree does not constitute a formal teaching qualification as such but students’ educational background, working experience and own interests affect the career paths of the graduates.
The professional foundations of the programme are related to tasks in research, planning, administration and teaching in the field of education, and also tasks in different organisations offering consultation and guidance. During the studies, students gain competence for working in national and international contexts in the public, private and civil society sectors, as professionals, such as:
• Project leaders
• Educational consultants