Application period/deadline: November 1, 2017 - January 24, 2018
• Cutting-edge knowledge in wireless communications both at physical and network layers
• Capability to design and implement wireless solutions, e.g., for future 5G networks, Internet-of-Things (IoT) devices and smart energy-efficient wireless sensor applications
• Relevant skills of the latest radio engineering methods, tools, and technologies, and ability to design RF electronics for smart phones and base stations of mobile systems
The International Master’s Degree Programme in Wireless Communications Engineering (WCE) is a two-year programme concentrating on wireless communications network technology. The programme will give you relevant skills and core knowledge of the latest methods, tools and technologies combined with time-tested issues such as:
• Advanced wireless communication systems
• Communication networks
• Computer engineering
• Information theory
• Stochastical and digital signal processing
• Radio channels
• Radio engineering
The two-year programme has two specialisation options:
• Radio Access and Networks
• RF Engineering
Radio Access and Networks concentrates on designing and applying radio access technologies both at physical layer and at network layer for 5G, IoT, and future mobile system generations.
RF Engineering focuses on essential radio system parts and gives the knowledge to design integrated RF and DSP circuits for mobile handsets, base stations, future 5G devices, IoT applications, and smart & energy efficient sensors.
Optional module makes it possible to widen your expertise into:
• Machine vision
• Mobile and social computing
• Signal processors, and
• Video and biomedical signal processing.
The education is organized by the Centre for Wireless Communications which consists of 150 academics from over 20 countries. CWC performs world-class research for the future of 5G and IoT applications, which will give you the possibility to move forward already during your studies. CWC provides a number of jobs as a trainee or a master’s thesis student, with the possibility to continue as a doctoral student, and even as a post-doctoral researcher.
The skills gained in the programme offer you a solid academic training and essential knowledge on the design of wireless communications networks at the system level. After graduation you are capable of designing, implementing and employing 5G and IoT applications and developing future wireless communications technologies.
Possible titles include:
• Chief engineer
• Design engineer
• Development engineer
• Maintenance engineer
• Patent engineer
• Program manager
• Project manager
• Radio network designer
• Research engineer
• RF engineer
• Sales engineer
• System engineer
• Test engineer, and
• University teacher
Students applying for the programme must possess an applicable B.Sc. degree in one of the following fields of study: communications engineering, electronics & electrical engineering, or computer engineering.