Sign up to our newsletter today
We've been helping students find the right postgraduate course for over a decade.
Keele University School of Medicine has a range of taught Masters courses, all of which are in modular format and which can be accessed as short courses or with credits transferable between Masters level courses elsewhere in the Faculty of Health. Many courses are available to health professionals from disciplines other than medicine and are relevant to clinicians engaged in primary and secondary care.
Keele runs a popular ‘Teaching the Teachers’ course for health professionals and also a Postgraduate Certificate, Diploma and Masters in Medical Education which is accredited by the Institute of Learning and Teaching in Higher Education.
Keele’s innovative Masters in Medical Science includes core modules and a wide range of optional modules, helping you to complete the Certificate, Diploma or Masters via a pathway that suits you. The award has been mapped against the revised Good Medical Practice from the GMC and can help you demonstrate your commitment to maintaining your fitness to practice for when recertification is introduced as part of medical re-licensing.
Why choose Keele?
• Keele University is located right in the middle of England, about an hour from Birmingham and an hour from Manchester. It’s a research-led university with excellent teaching quality and graduate employment rates.
• Keele is one of the UK’s largest and most attractive university campuses, with 650 acres of landscaped parkland, fields, woodlands and lakes.
• The number of permanent academic staff employed at Keele is one of the highest in the UK, which means that there is always consistency in the teaching and support.
• The Keele Postgraduate Association provides excellent social facilities for postgraduates, and also represents their interests to the university.
• There are about 600 full-time postgraduate taught courses on campus and about the same number of postgraduate part-time students. The total number of full-time students at Keele is about 7,000. The size means that there is a genuine community on campus.
• You will be taught by experts in each subject, with national and international research reputations.
• You’ll benefit from the latest thinking in all subject areas.
• There is an induction week for international postgraduates, giving plenty to help in settling in and sorting out practical issues before the start of teaching. An International Student Support Office is available to help international students.
• English language support is available to all students during their studies.
• International postgraduate students are guaranteed accommodation on campus provided they apply for this by 30th June.
• Keele offers excellent value for money: tuition and accommodation fess are competitive and there is no application fee.
For further information regarding all postgraduate courses at Keele University School of Medicine, please email [email protected]
Back to results
All Course Types
All Study Types
All Start Terms
Nursing is an exciting and rewarding career choice. It’s one in which you can make a real and positive contribution to people with long and short-term health problems who are facing some of the most challenging experiences of their lives. Read more
On successful completion of this Award you will be a recognised Advanced Clinical Practitioner (HEWM, 2015) with an expert knowledge base, complex decision-making skills and clinical competencies for expanded autonomous scope of practice, the characteristics of which are shaped by the context in which the individual practices. Read more
This Postgraduate Certificate will enhance knowledge and advance the students expertise in Computed Tomography Colonography [CTC]. Read more
This exciting, contemporary and new Faculty-based flexible programme focuses on higher academic study underpinning a higher level of professional practice in healthcare. Read more
The certificate is designed to allow choice and foster personal development. Plenty of opportunity will be given to students to develop their skills in anatomy and dissections using human cadaveric specimens. Read more
The MSc in Biomedical Engineering at Keele is a multidisciplinary course that will prepare you for an exciting career across a wide range of areas of engineering in medicine, be that in academic or industrial research, the medical devices sector or in the clinical arena. Read more
In 2006 legislation was passed that permitted appropriately qualified pharmacists to assume the role of Independent Prescriber. This was an extension of prescribing rights from the initial supplementary prescribing role that many pharmacists had been fulfilling since 2004. Read more
Our distance learning programme in Clinical Pharmacy Practice has been developed to meet the needs of pharmacists working in any patient-facing sector of practice, including hospital pharmacy, community pharmacy and in a GP practice. Read more
The Masters in Counselling and Psychotherapy is a professional training in counselling. The full-time programme has been running for over 10 years and has been accredited by the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP). Read more
The Graduate Certificate in Counselling course is an ideal starting point for those who want to begin to train as counsellors, but do not have traditional academic qualifications and/or previous experience in a helping role. Read more