- Engage in broadly interdisciplinary MA study programme of the relationship between literature, visual culture and film in contemporary and historical contexts.
- Gain cutting-edge theoretical insights into intermedial aesthetics and into philosophy of literature, art and film.
- Equip yourself with critical tools for cultural analysis of contemporary image and text-based media.
Students also acquire various practical skills such as analytical and problem solving skills, writing and presentation skills that enhance their employment opportunities and prepare them for different career pathways.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for students whose interests are not limited to one of the traditional discipline in the humanities, but who are interested in exploring the relationship between words, still and moving images both historically as well as in contemporary culture.
Why study with us?
- Interdisciplinary programme that is run in collaboration with the Estonian Academy of Art. The faculty is comprised of renowned experts in literature, art, film and visual culture.
- Ample opportunities for acquiring practical skills. The programme collaborates with major international literary, art and film festivals in Tallinn.
- Seminar-led courses that foster an active debating and discussing environment.
- Individual approach to students that provides a supportive learning environment and offers the opportunity to follow personal research interests from an early stage of studies.
- International study groups with students from all over the world. The diverse cultural backgrounds of the students contribute to the spirit of comparative study of culture.
- Research centred programme - possibility for further studies at PhD level.
- Open to students from all disciplines in the humanities and social sciences.