WHAT YOU WILL GAIN:
- Skills and know-how in the latest technologies in all aspects of plant engineering
- Guidance from practicing plant engineering experts in the field
- Knowledge from the extensive experience of instructors, rather than from clinical information gained from books and college
- Improved career prospects and income
- An EIT Advanced Diploma of Plant Engineering
Start Date: The next intake will start in 2019.
This practical course avoids over emphasis on theory. This is rarely needed in the real industrial world where time is short and immediate results are required. Hard-hitting and useful know-how, are needed as minimum requirements. The instructors presenting this advanced diploma are highly experienced engineers from industry who have many years of real-life experience as Plant Engineers. The format of presentation - live, interactive distance learning with the use of remote labs means that you can hit the ground running and be of immediate benefit to your company or future employer.
Anyone who wants to gain solid knowledge of the key elements of Plant Engineering to improve their work skills and to further their job prospects:
- Electrical Engineers who need an overall Plant Engineering appreciation
- Maintenance Engineers and Supervisors
- Automation and Process Engineers
- Design Engineers
- Project Managers
- Consulting Engineers
- Production Managers
- Chemical and Mechanical Engineers
- Instrument and Process Control Technicians
Even those who are highly experienced in Plant Engineering may find it useful to follow some of the topics to gain know-how in a very concentrated but practical format.
The course follows six engineering threads to provide you with maximum practical coverage in the field of Plant Engineering:
- Overview and where the Plant Engineer fits into the 21st century production sphere
- Engineering technologies in detail
- Skills for project, process, environmental and energy management
- Maintenance management
- Safety management; with corresponding legal knowledge
- Other necessary skills to master
The course is composed 19 modules. These modules cover a range of aspects to provide you with maximum practical coverage in the field of Plant Engineering.
The modules are:
- Introduction to Plant Engineering
- Plant Operations and Facility Management
- Electrical Equipment and Technology
- Pressure Vessels and Boilers
- Fundamentals of Professional Engineering
- Mechanical Equipment and Technology
- Fluid Power Systems and Components
- Pumps and Seals
- Thermodynamics, Compressors, Fans and Blowers
- Process Plant Layout and Piping Design
- Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning
- Noise and Vibration
- Structural and Civil Engineering Concepts
- Process Management
- Energy Management
- Instrumentation and Control Engineering
- Maintenance Management
- Environmental Engineering
- Safety Management
The programme features real-world applications and uses a multi-pronged approach involving interactive on-line webinars, simulation software and self-study assignments with a mentor on call. The course consists of 72 topics delivered over a period of 18 months. Presentations and group discussions will be conducted using a live, interactive software system. For each topic you will have an initial reading assignment (which will be delivered to you in electronic format in advance of the online presentations). There will be coursework or problems to be submitted and in some cases there will be practical exercises, using simulation software and remote labs that you can easily do from your home or office. You will have ongoing support from the instructors via phone, fax and e-mail.
The webinar schedule is not put together until after registrations close. The reason for this is that the program is promoted globally and we often have participants from several time zones. When you enrol you will receive a questionnaire which will help us determine your availability. When all questionnaires are returned we create a schedule which will endeavour to meet everyone’s requirements. Each webinar runs 2 or 3 times during each presentation day and we try our best to ensure that at least one session falls into your requested time frames. This is not always possible, however, due to the range of locations of both presenters and students. If you are unable to attend the webinars scheduled, we do have some options available. Contact the EIT for more details.
As part of the groundbreaking new way of teaching, we will be using a series of remote laboratories (labs) and simulation software, to facilitate your learning and to test the knowledge you gain during the course. These involve complete working labs set up at various locations of the world into which you will be able to log and proceed through the various practical sessions. These will be supplemented by simulation software, running either remotely or on your computer, to ensure you gain the requisite handson experience. No one can learn much solely from lectures, the labs and simulation software are designed to increase the absorption of the materials and to give you a practical orientation of the learning experience. All this will give you a solid, practical exposure to the key principles covered in the course and will Practical Exercises and Remote Laboratories ensure that you obtain maximum benefit from the course to succeed in your future career in Industrial Automation.
What are the fees for my country?
The Engineering Institute of Technology (EIT) provides distance education to students located almost anywhere in the world – it is one of the very few truly global training institutes. Course fees are paid in a currency that is determined by the student’s location. A full list of fees in a currency appropriate for every country would be complex to navigate and, with today’s exchange rate fluctuations, difficult to maintain. Instead we aim to give you a rapid response regarding fees that is customised to your individual circumstances.
We understand that cost is a major consideration before a student commences study. For a rapid reply to your enquiry regarding courses fees and payment options, please enquire via the below button and we will respond within 2 business days.