The Master of English in a Global Context (MEGC) is a unique program accredited by the University of Melbourne's Graduate School of Education↗ and delivered by Hawthorn-Melbourne. The program concentrates on the development of high level language, research and academic skills while exploring social, cultural and linguistic concepts relating to English as a global language.
MEGC will develop your confidence and competence as an international English communicator.
MEGC is suitable for academics and professionals, from any field, if you need to develop high level professional English skills for your career or if you have an interest in the diverse issues relating to language development and its use.
As a MEGC graduate, you will:
- Be able to produce, understand and evaluate complex oral and written material in English appropriate to a variety of professional contexts.
- Understand the English language and its variability in different social contexts.
- Appreciate how to acquire and develop language skills and other knowledge in and through English.
- Be able to use English in a variety of social and professional contexts.
- Learn how to learn a language and continue to develop your English independently.
- Articulate your knowledge appropriately in English.
- Exhibit analytic and problem solving skills.
- Work independently to achieve goals and to promote your own language development learning.
- Interact effectively when required with others without being inhibited by English.