The Master of Education degree programme is presented through a combination of evenings and occasional weekend workshops over either two years (part-time basis) or one year (full-time basis). The programme covers theories, principles and practices in contemporary educational settings and is designed for all those interested in enhancing their professional knowledge, understanding and skills. Teaching and learning methods include; lectures, workshops, presentations, visiting speakers and supervised research. Graduates of the programme are working as teachers, principals, inspectors, lecturers, and researchers in schools, colleges, universities at home and abroad. Applicants choose this programme because of the dedication and commitment of the teaching faculty, the range of supervision specialisations available, and the high quality and individualised nature of the supervisory process.
The Objectives of the Programme Are:
• To advance knowledge and understandings of educational theories, principles and practices
• To develop critical and enquiring skills through conversation-building and high quality writing
• To foster confident researchers and educational leaders on the cusp of renewal and reform in education
The programme is delivered in a number of different ways to suit the various commitments of our students
• Flexible Part-time (Evenings and Occasional Weekend Workshops over two years)
• Full-time (Evenings and Occasional Weekend Workshops over one year)