Clients are in need of lawyers who understand their business. The MSc in Business for Lawyers program is the only academic qualification that prepares lawyers to confront complex problems in the corporate environment and financial markets. The program, exclusively designed for legal professionals, offers a solid theoretical understanding as well as a practical approach to economic and financial issues related to the day-to-day operations of a business firm. The program provides a unique learning experience that promotes collaboration and leadership competencies in an interdisciplinary curriculum.
The MSc in Business for Lawyers is the only Greek postgraduate program for Lawyers that has been included for the past 6 consecutive years in the Financial Times’ LLM Listing - released every year in the FT Innovative Law Schools Report - along with the most renowned Master of Law (LLM) programs in US, Europe and in the UK.
Key features of the program
- Weekday classes between 18:00 – 22:00, twice a week on average.
- A 16-month program.
- 15 core modules and 2 workshops
- Assessment: group reports/presentations, case study analysis, interim tests, final exams (18:00 – 21:00)
The Program Is Designed for Legal Professionals Who:
- Manage and lead their own law firm.
- Work as corporate counsels.
- Work in corporate financing and restructuring.
- Work in or with financial services firms.
- Work as consultants to business executives.
- International Recognition: Accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC)
- The core segment of the program offers a solid foundation of the economic, financial and accounting principles along with necessary quantitative skills. Special emphasis is provided on the practical applications of the economic theories.
- The program matches the legal interests of the participants by providing specialization courses on the legal aspects of international finance as well as courses on taxation, and complex financial contracts.
- The program is: (a) A link between the legal profession and modern practice in business and finance. (b) A framework for participants to think and act as business partners offering business and managerial insight. (c) A learning experience that fosters leadership and teamwork competencies.
After completing the program participants should be able to:
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of the language of business.
- Have a genuine understanding of global financial markets.
- Collaborate in and contribute to complex projects in financing and restructuring.
- Introduce a managerial dimension to the practice of Law.
- Make refined judgements in the application of ethics in business and the legal profession.
- Demonstrate strong communication and negotiation skills.
- Negotiate effective win-win solutions.
- Have a strategic mindset when dealing with wider business challenges.