Deepen your understanding of some of the most complex and critical social policy issues affecting our world today. Leading to a highly regarded postgraduate qualification, our new MA programme is thought-provoking, intellectually engaging and global in scope.
• Develop skills in research, analysis and policy-making which will pave the way to exciting careers anywhere in the world
• Explore fascinating social policy fields such as employment and the labour market, health and social care, poverty, migration and immigration, and work-life balance
• Gain valuable international perspectives by comparing social welfare systems in different countries
• Enhance your skills in data analysis and critical thinking – and learn how to harness those skills in practical ways to assess and shape social policy
• Benefit from the research expertise and international networks of our supportive and dynamic teaching team
• Take a truly interdisciplinary approach to the subject, drawing on disciplines ranging from human rights to diplomacy
• Build a degree that is tailored to your personal and professional interests with our range of optional modules
This is a new course starting in September 2017 (*subject to approval).
An impressive portfolio of skills
The MA Social Policy enhances your career prospects by developing skills which are highly sought after by employers. You will become familiar with using and analysing primary and secondary data in respect of social policy, enhance your critical thinking and problem-solving skills, and improve your abilities as a reflective independent learner.
This means you will be ideally prepared for success in a variety of work settings including public, private and third sector organisations. You will also have an excellent platform for progression to further study at PhD level.
A professional learning environment
This course is delivered at One Friar Gate Square, the new home for our Social and Political Sciences courses. A modern, iconic building in the heart of the vibrant city centre, it is the perfect environment for innovative and engaging teaching.