Why choose this course:
• You can tailor this course to your own interests by choosing to specialise in certain fields, so you'll develop a thorough knowledge and understanding of a range of research and enquiry skills related to your profession.
• The course will enable you to make an original contribution to knowledge in your specialist field of study and lead the development of services.
• You'll have the opportunity to network with like-minded, dynamic individuals and be taught by leading academics and professionals in your field of expertise.
About the course:
This course is aimed at a range of health and social care professionals. You should be interested in the development of your practice or the development of clinical or social services. During this course you will have the opportunity to develop a range of relevant skills that will boost your understanding and knowledge across a range of occupations.
You can study the Doctor of Health and Social Care Practice and be awarded in the following specialised fields:
• Art Psychotherapy
• Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapy
• Drama Psychotherapy
• Integrative Counselling and Psychotherapy
• Occupational Therapy
• Psychodynamic Psychotherapy
• Health and Social Care Practice
You will develop as a clinical and professional leader in your chosen field of practice by enriching your knowledge and understanding of a range of research and inquiry methodologies and skills. The research aspect of doctoral study will enable you to make an original contribution, or application of knowledge, to your specialist field of study.
You will get the opportunity to be taught in small seminar groups whilst also receiving full support from individual tutorials. These will enable you to build a close relationship with your tutors and other students which can really enhance your learning experience. For each module you will receive intensive teaching for three full days per academic semester.
As part of studying on this course, you will become a member and be expected to participate in one of our research groups. This will really enhance your research skills and help you to develop as a research student.
This course is very flexible in that you can study it part time allowing you to fit your studies around your personal commitments and it will take you around four years to complete.