You'll study modules which are linked to clinical practice, so they'll really help your career such as Public Health, Research Methods, Leadership and Management.
Why choose this course:
• You'll study modules which are linked to clinical practice, so they'll really help your career such as Public Health, Research Methods, Leadership and Management.
• 50% of your time will be spent on a placement, so you'll get hands-on experience as well as learning the theory.
About the course:
It's 52 weeks long and is made up of 50% theory and 50% practice in a placement.
As a Postgraduate Diploma student, by the end of the course, we expect that you'll:
• have the skills to become an Advanced Practitioner in your own area of expertise
• be committed to lifelong learning, encourage colleagues to be and contribute to national debates
• be able to demonstrate a critical understanding in clinical practice, care and programme management, clinical practice leadership, and clinical practice development
• show leadership and have a critical in depth knowledge of professional roles and function, so you can bring about integrated and high quality health and social care, through working with other professionals effectively, networking and team working
• have skills and a critical knowledge of research and evidence based practice so you can influence and deliver high quality care.
As well as those things listed above, as an MSc student, we expect that you'll carry out an extended, innovative and critical research about the theory and practice of your chosen award.