Why choose this course:
• You'll be taught in our modern Clinical Skills Suite by some of the area's leading experts in medical ultrasound.
• You'll develop skills relevant to your own area of clinical practice, which will help you to move forward with your career.
• This course is a nationally recognised qualification and is accredited by the Consortium for the Accreditation of Sonographic Education (CASE) for its flexible and innovative approach.
About the course:
If you are a qualified healthcare professional, such as a radiographer, nurse or midwife, this course will help you to develop your ultrasound skills enabling you to practise independently.
Recently there has been a sharp rise in the use of ultrasound within the NHS, which is reflected through the number of non-imaging medical and health professionals seeking specialist ultrasound training.
This course, which is nationally recognised and accredited by the Consortium for the Accreditation of Sonographic Education (CASE), will provide you with the high quality training you need to become a practising sonographer within your workplace.
You can tailor the course to your own interests, with the option to specialise in these areas:
• Focused Specialist Ultrasound Practice
• General Medical Ultrasound
• Obstetric Ultrasound
• Early Pregnancy Assessment
• Gynaecology Ultrasound
• Cardiac Ultrasound
• Vascular Ultrasound.
Alternatively you can study a selection of modules from all areas to give you a wide range of training. We also offer some modules that will develop your management and leadership skills, which you can take alongside your chosen specialist modules.
You'll be supported throughout your studies and practical training by a tutor and a mentor. This ensures that you'll develop all the skills you need to practise in your chosen area of medical ultrasound.
You must have already organised a clinical placement in medical ultrasound with management support before you apply for this course. You'll also need to be able to complete a minimum of 200 hours practical scanning time, so that you can successfully complete the Postgraduate Certificate stage.