Sign up to our newsletter today
We've been helping students find the right postgraduate course for over a decade.
About University of Nottingham,...
The Department of Spanish, Portuguese and Latin American Studies comprises a community of research and teaching staff specialising in the cultures and histories of Spain, Portugal, Spanish America, Brazil, and Lusophone Africa and in Spanish and Portuguese language.
• Range of specialisms from medieval to modern, traditional to almost not yet invented. We value scholarship and we welcome the daring and the innovative.
• Supervision available on traditional literature and comparative literature topics, plus film, intellectual history, visual culture, critical and cultural theory, history, and politics and popular culture, in Spanish, Portuguese, Latin and Galician.
• Annual Postgraduate Research Forum organised by postgraduates. Sessions take place on research, methodology and common challenges.
• Most important UK Centre for study on Cuba: access to the Hennessy Collection archive, the Nottingham-based Cuba Research Forum network of Cuba scholars, academic exchange with the University of Havana, and a large community of postgraduates (up to 10) working on Cuban topics.
• Comparative Literature MA
• Translation Studies MA
Back to results
University of Nottingham
All Course Types
All Study Types
All Start Terms
The masters (by research) is a PhD in miniature. Read more
This course enables well-qualified candidates to pursue postgraduate work in any area of modern languages in which the School is able to offer specialist supervision. Read more
The MA in Portuguese and Lusophone Studies by Research allows students to pursue postgraduate studies in a broad range of areas of Portuguese and Lusophone Studies. Read more