De Montfort University's faculty of Arts, Design and Humanities brings together the world leading research, award-winning work, and innovative thinking of the university's creative disciplines. With students who are consistently recognised for the quality of their work, and academics who are internationally recognised for their experience and skill, the faculty is a hive of originality and professionalism.
With a combination of traditional subjects, professionally oriented training, and free-thinking creative disciplines, the faculty makes for an exciting and unique mix of students.
• Our academic staff are among the best in the world thanks to their research and writing. The faculty includes eight National Teaching Fellows, more than most UK universities hold in total. Staff work is regularly recognised with significant awards and prizes, and their research ensures that courses are at the forefront of developments
• Our annual week-long Cultural Exchanges festival has become a significant event in the cultural life of the East Midlands, and offers talks and performances by guests from the arts, media, literature, politics and film
• Students regularly exhibit at regional, national and international galleries, win awards and participate in festivals
• Our range of unique courses includes a sports management degree supported by FIFA, some of the most established specialist fashion courses in the country, and the Independent Study MA where you can pursue a tailor-made MA in a subject area of your choice
• Benefit from our extensive links with many local and national organisations, including the BBC, Arts Councils, the National Media Museum in Bradford, Leicester Mercury, Curve, the Leicester Theatre Trust, Phoenix Square digital arts centre, and the British Library
• We actively engage with local industry, and have close relationships with several large companies, SMEs, and government organisations.