Whether you want to explore innovative design, promote fashion internationally or set up your own label, we have the world-class facilities, practitioners and industry expertise to prepare you for an exciting career. Students can choose to work in any of the wide range of fashion areas, covering Fashion Design, Fashion Communication and Promotion, Jewellery and Accessories, or Fashion Textiles – our MA Fashion is uniquely structured to enable you to specialise while drawing on a broad range of resources and expertise.
Why you should study MA Fashion at Middlesex?
At Middlesex we take an innovative approach to Fashion that enables you to specialise while collaborating, experimenting, and enhancing your skills with students and staff from across the department. Taught by some of the UK's leading practitioners and technical experts, you'll explore your chosen area of Fashion within a contemporary framework that will equip you with the practical skills, business acumen and industry insights you need to succeed in today's global market.
Based in our £80 million Art and Design School, our course features state-of-the-art facilities and specialist workshops fitted with both new and traditional equipment to enable you to fully realise your visions. Through a combination of workshop enquiry, in-depth research and critical understanding of your practice, we ensure that you graduate with the skills, knowledge and body of work to advance your Fashion career in new, challenging and imaginative directions.
- Exceptional facilities that are among the best in the country, including traditional fashion workshops and equipment for screenprinting, knitting, weaving, digital printing, embroidery, metalwork, photography, reprographics, film, laser cutting, 3D printing and more
- Flexibly designed module content to enable you to bring your interests and ambitions to every assessment, whether that's making textiles, designing jewellery, creating a book, producing a magazine, evolving an existing specialism you have, and more
- Despite being a new MA course we have an international reputation for high calibre graduates from our BA Fashion programmes who have gone on to work for Givenchy, Kenzo, Vivienne Westwood, Preen, Aquascutum and ASOS
- Opportunities to start your own label with recent examples including Boudicca, Christopher Raeburn and Ashley Isham
- Access to networking opportunities, world-leading research and expertise through the Art & Design Research Institute (ADRI) on campus