The Kent MBA aims to transform you into a responsible business leader, who understands and can embed sustainable management practices for the advancement of local and global communities.
- Accredited by The Association of MBA’s (AMBA), the Kent MBA guarantees a real and relevant learning experience to broaden and sharpen your skills. Together with an international focus, it is academically rigorous yet innovative with flexible learning options. There is the option to complete in one year full-time or part-time over two or three years.
- The programme is delivered in Canterbury with an innovative study tour in Paris and Brussels where students will learn about the structure, policy, law and finance of the EU as well as hearing from leading European organisations.
We combine rigorous business theory with relevant practical application, using:
- Case studies - European study tour - Consultancy Week – working with businesses live on consulting projects - Internships with high-profile, multinational corporations
Throughout the programme you engage with organisations, small, medium and large, regional to multinational, to test theories - immediately in real-world situations. You will connect with strategic thinkers with commercial flair and global perspectives. The connections you make during this time will be with you for life.
You will be gaining tangible business connections and interacting with the corporate world as Kent MBA students have the opportunity to get involved in a variety of external projects such as:
- Kent MBA Consultancy Week - working with businesses live on consulting projects - Live Case Studies - Key Speakers - Internships with high-profile, multinational corporations
Format and assessment
The course structure is based on the current curriculum and may change year to year in response to new developments and innovation. You are required to study a combination of compulsory and optional modules.
- Marketing Analysis and Planning - Accounting and Financial Management - Managing Processes - The Fundamentals of Corporate Finance and Investment - International Business - Contemporary Issues in Strategic Management - Leadership and Change - Applied Business Modelling - A Systems Approach to Managing Complexity - Entrepreneurship - Innovation Management and New Product Development - International Marketing - MBA Management Skills and Career Development Report - MBA Business Report
The programme involves a taught and a project component. The taught programme is assessed by a mixture of coursework assignments throughout the year, and by examinations in January and May/June.
Once these are completed, students then work full time on two reports to be completed over the summer. These reports provide an opportunity to apply the techniques and insights presented in the programme and apply them to a particular problem area.
We maintain close links with the corporate world and are committed to giving our students wide-ranging experiences across the spectrum of small, medium and large organisations in both the private and public sectors.
Our specialist advisers deliver workshops throughout the academic year and provide individual support to guide you in your post-MBA career path. Workshops and clinics are supported by sessions on negotiation skills, leadership and how to market yourself effectively. Networking is facilitated by alumni, internships or student projects, Consultancy Week, Brussels and Paris workshops and other events delivered throughout the year.
- Shortlisted for University of the Year 2015 - Kent has been ranked fifth out of 120 UK universities in a mock Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF) exercise modelled by Times Higher Education (THE). - In the Research Excellence Framework (REF) 2014, Kent was ranked 17th* for research output and research intensity, in the Times Higher Education, outperforming 11 of the 24 Russell Group universities - Over 96% of our postgraduate students who graduated in 2014 found a job or further study opportunity within six months. Find out more: https://www.kent.ac.uk/courses/postgraduate/why/