Application period/deadline: January 23, 2019 at 15.00 / 3pm (GMT+2).
• Solid foundation of software engineering and information systems methods and technologies
• Understanding of software ecosystems
• Understanding of user-oriented products and services
The international master’s degree programme in Software, Systems and Services Development in the Global Environment (GS3D) is a two-year programme. The programme will give you relevant skills and core knowledge of the latest methods, tools and technologies to be an expert or manager in a global ICT company. You will also get skills to lead multicultural teams, projects and units. Other topics include:
• System design methods for information systems
• Open source software development
• Service design
• Organisational change
• Software engineering management, measurement, and improvement
• Information security policy management
• Software business issues
• Research methods
• Project management
• Optional studies based on personal interests
Optional modules makes it possible to widen your expertise based on personal interests, focusing for example on:
• Computer science
• Wireless communications engineering
• Electrical engineering
• Software engineering
• Information systems
• Human-computer interaction issues
ICT is highly international field. Students gain experience on multi-cultural working during their studies. The degree programme has strong traditions and good experiences in collaboration with companies in information industry. Working life oriented way of completing studies means that practical exercises and projects are conducted in collaboration with companies.
The project work at the end of Master's level studies integrates studies and is ordered and steered by a company or a research unit. Also the master's thesis is typically made for a company. With close cooperation with industry, the education is kept relevant and up-to-date, and visiting lecturers from industry are invited to courses.
The graduates will acquire solid academic training and essential knowledge and skills to analyse and evaluate different situations, such as:
• Dynamics of the software business environment
• Human activities in IT use situations
• Software solutions and processes from the perspective of software architecture
• Design patterns
• Established capability and maturity models
Graduates have the capability to act as independent experts in goal-oriented projects and manage professionally projects in global ICT companies.
Possible titles include:
• Project Manager
• Chief Information Officer
• Software Designer
• User Experience Designer
• Information Security Specialist
Students applying for the programme must possess an applicable B.Sc. degree in one of the following fields of study: Software Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Engineering, or nearby studies.
Visit the Software, Systems and Services Development in the Global Environment - MSc page on the University of Oulu website for more details!
University of Oulu
Never miss a course
Enter our scholarship competition
Get funding news, tips and advice
Hear about upcoming events
Get postgraduate loan updates
Hear about funded courses
Enter our scholarship competition
Discover international opportunities
We've been helping students find the right postgraduate course for over a decade.
We'll make sure you're the first to hear about scholarship opportunities and funding news.