University of Nottingham in China Featured Masters Courses
OCAD University Featured Masters Courses
Queen Margaret University, Edinburgh Featured Masters Courses
University of Derby Featured Masters Courses
University of East London Featured Masters Courses

Course content

The Master of Health Leadership and Policy (MHLP) in Seniors Care is designed to enable participants to lead, design and deliver comprehensive care and services for seniors in a range of community and institutional settings.

The proportion of seniors is accelerating rapidly. While many services are provided in the public sector there is an increasing number and range of services for seniors in the private and non-profit sectors as well. This demographic trends highlight the pressing need for health professionals who can create the future of seniors care in community and institutional contexts.

As a health care specialist in seniors care, you are responsible to improve patient outcomes and foster the well-being of seniors. You have to lead, design and deliver comprehensive care and services for seniors. With a dual focus on strengthening your skills in the technical aspects of seniors care and deepening your capacity as a leader, this program will help you to develop innovative solutions, manage collaborative teams and lead projects.

The MHLP is a 12-month degree starting in January. While 70 per cent of your Seniors Care courses will focus on your technical specialization, the remaining 30 per cent are leadership development courses that will enhance your business, communication and people skills. Delivery of the management and leadership courses are in partnership with UBC's Sauder School of Business. Please contact us if you would like to find out more about the MHLP in Seniors Care.

What Makes The Program Unique?

It only takes 12 months to complete the program and get an MHLP degree. Starting in January, in the Seniors Care program, you will:

  • Deepen your technical skills
  • Sharpen your business skills
  • Develop as a leader
  • Collaborate with industry partners

MHLP students are required to have professional experience before starting the program. That means you will be part of a mature student cohort with a variety of professional and career experiences to draw on when you collaborate on projects with one another. Access to this diversity of knowledge and experience is essential to your development.

Read some of our alumni stories on our website to find out how our graduates have gone on to excel their careers with their UBC MHLP in Seniors Care.

Career Options

Our graduates will be in high demand in the private and public sector. Job opportunities could include conceptualizing and leading seniors-focused clinical programs, leading and managing services for seniors in a range of settings, as well as proposing or analyzing policy initiatives for seniors care. Read some of our alumni stories on our website to find out how our graduates have gone on to excel their careers with their UBC MHLP in Seniors Care degree. Graduates of the program started in positions, such as Director of Care, Director of Lifestyle and Therapeutic Services,Provincial Coordinator for Advocacy & Public Policy.


Visit the Seniors Care - MHLP page on the University of British Columbia website for more details!

Loading...

Loading...

Loading...

Loading...

Loading...


Enquire About This Course

Recipient: University of British Columbia

* required field

Please correct the errors indicated below to send your enquiry


Your enquiry has been emailed successfully





FindAMasters. Copyright 2005-2018
All rights reserved.

Let us know you agree to cookies

We use cookies to give you the best online experience. By continuing, we'll assume that you're happy to receive all cookies on this website. To read our privacy policy click here

Ok