Sign up to our newsletter today
We've been helping students find the right postgraduate course for over a decade.
The MA in Psychotherapy and Counselling provides high quality BACP-accredited training, with a strong research focus. It offers an opportunity to critically and creatively evaluate current theory and practice issues. The focus is on theories of therapy that focus on the therapeutic relationship as the crucial factor and students will have the opportunity to learn about various relational theories and are encouraged to learn more about themselves in relationships, to develop their own approach to therapy based on their own values and beliefs.
Teaching staff are active researchers, with a range of specialisms. You’ll develop the knowledge and skills to conduct independent in-depth research into a complex specialist area. In your final year, our innovative annual
Read more about this course
Enter your email address below to get more information from University of Leeds
- A bachelor degree with a 2:1 (hons) in any subject
- A level of counselling skills consistent with beginning professional training and insight into psychotherapy and counselling, e.g a level 3 certificate in counselling and experience in using these skills
- English Language at GCSE grade C or equivalent, or IELTS overall score 7
- Two satisfactory references, one of which must be an academic reference
- Maturity associated with personal reflection on a variety of adult and childhood experiences and developed interpersonal skills, to be assessed at interview
- Satisfactory police clearance. We will send you a form for this
The information you submit to this university will only be used by them to deal with your enquiry. For more information on how we use your data, please read our privacy statement
Based on your current searches we recommend the following search filters.
Based on our current search criteria we thought you might be interested in these.