This course will equip you with the knowledge, understanding and skills to meaningfully engage with a technologically and socially evolving medium, and succeed within the increasingly complex and competitive creative industries.
Throughout the course you will realise the potential of your own ideas and practice by locating your individual specialism within the creative industries, enabling you to succeed and make significant contributions within a range of professional contexts.
This course brings together talented practitioners on an international scale with the ambition to succeed, innovate and lead, allowing for the dynamic cross pollination of approaches in photography and exploration of critical perspectives. On successful completion of this course, in addition to having an internationally recognised postgraduate qualification, you will have an individual, or group of, sophisticated projects of a publishable standard that you will be able to use as the foundation to take you to the next stage in your career and sustain your practice beyond.
Visit the website http://flexible.falmouth.ac.uk/courses/ma-photography.htm
- Study with talented practitioners in photography on an international scale
- Be part of a global community of like-minded professionals
Who is this course for?
The aim of this course is to enhance the creative, critical and professional skills of practitioners who are at an early stage in their careers, as well as to give those who have already established themselves within the professional arena an opportunity to interrogate their practice and deepen the quality and sophistication of their creative output.
It is designed to accommodate a broad range of practitioners, from those who use photography to question the world around them to those whose practice interrogates the medium itself. Typical applicants may be working as photojournalists, critics in photography, curators, freelancers, or business or studio owners.
You will need to complete four 30-credit modules and one 60-credit project (180 credits in total).
Positions and practice
Surfaces and strategies
Final major project
- Coursework assessment with no formal examinations
- Projects, individual reports and live online presentations
How you study
You may choose to:
1. Study entirely online without attending any face-to-face workshops
2. Study online and attend optional residential workshops, held biannually at various locations such as the UK, USA, Asia or the Middle East.
A typical workshop will start on Friday and end on Monday. Workshops are organised to coincide with major festivals and events. Students will be informed at least 4 months in advance giving you plenty of time to arrange your attendance. Attendance is strongly encouraged although not compulsory.
Taught by industry experts
Designed with employer-focused learning at the core, our courses work with global organisations, staff and alumni to provide you with the breadth of experience and networks needed to accelerate your career.
There will be guided learning activities consisting of:
- Concise online presentations to introduce key concepts
- Small group and class discussions and crits to facilitate interaction and dialogue
- Online critiques to test assumptions, ideas and to receive feedback from peers and tutors
- Individual and group tutorials throughout the course
- Independent study
- Self-evaluation and peer feedback
As a Falmouth student, you enjoy an equal status to students studying on campus:
- Your own student ID card
- Access to online software tutorials at lynda.com
- 24/7 online access to library resources
- Students’ Union community
Find out how to apply here - http://myfalmouth.falmouth.ac.uk/urd/sits.urd/run/siw_ipp_lgn.login?process=siw_ipp_app&code1=MAPHOTPO_102&code2=0001
You should have: An honours degree or Level 6 equivalent qualification; Proof of proficiency in English (minimum overall score of IELTS 6.5 with at least 6.0 in Reading, Writing, Speaking and Listening). We also accept a range of equivalent recognised English language qualifications please visit our website for details. Candidates without a degree or formal qualification are still encouraged to apply.