The Master's in Pharmacology provides training in the design and execution of practical approaches to the mechanisms by which drugs act. Includes taught modules that provide a comprehensive knowledge base, laboratory practical and project based elements. Provides a strong platform for those wishing to pursue careers in the pharmaceutical or research related industries or go on to further study for PhD.
- King's is ranked 4th in the world for Pharmacy & Pharmacology (QS World University Rankings by Subject 2016)
- A central London location equipped with first class laboratory, IT, library and study facilities.
- An opportunity to plan and design as well as to pursue your own original research.
- A programme that will prepare you for a career in drug research and related industries.
The taught component of the programme includes a compulsory lecture-based module in systems and cellular pharmacology, which is complemented by a laboratory-based practical module and optional lecture modules in cardiovascular pharmacology, neuropharmacology and the pharmacology of inflammation. Project based elements include a literature research module, a research design module and a laboratory based practical research project.
- Course purpose -
The programme provides training in the design and execution of practical approaches to the investigation of the mechanisms by which drugs act, and includes taught components that provide a comprehensive pharmacology knowledge base.
- Course format and assessment -
Lectures and laboratory modules with in-course assessment including a mid-sessional written examination, research design project, oral presentation, literature survey, laboratory based research project and poster presentation.
- Systems and Cellular Pharmacology - Pharmacology of Biological Systems: Practical Skills - Research Project Design - Pharmacology - Literature Research in Pharmacology - Laboratory Research Project - Pharmacology - Contemporary Developments in Pharmacology.
Students go on to PhD research degrees or work in the pharmaceutical or research-related industries.
To study for a postgraduate degree at King’s College London is to study at the city’s most central university and at one of the top 20 universities worldwide (2015/16 QS World Rankings). Graduates will benefit from close connections with the UK’s professional, political, legal, commercial, scientific and cultural life, while the excellent reputation of our MA and MRes programmes ensures our postgraduate alumni are highly sought after by some of the world’s most prestigious employers. We provide graduates with skills that are highly valued in business, government, academia and the professions.