Pharmaceutical Technology is a science-based programme, for pharmacists, life science, chemistry and chemical engineering graduates, focused to teach skills in formulation and drug delivery. The course utilises well-equipped laboratories for hands-on time with a range of modern techniques and instruments.
- King's is ranked 4th in the world for Pharmacy & Pharmacology (QS World University Rankings by Subject 2016)
- Well-equipped laboratories allowing students lots of 'hands-on' time for a range of modern techniques and instruments.
- Students learn about the art of developing Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients into medicinal products.
- Opportunity to undertake an extended project of interest in the laboratories of internationally-rated scientists.
Our advanced programme is concerned with the science and application of formulation of pharmaceutical products to support the discovery and development of better medicines.
- Course purpose -
To provide pharmacists and other life science or engineer graduates with the necessary knowledge and expertise in liquid and solid dosage form design and handling and the scientific principles underlying dosage form stability for a career in the pharmaceutical industry, research institutes or biotech. The programme is science-based concerned with the biopharmaceutic and physicochemical aspects of dosage form design.
- Course format and assessment -
Lectures; laboratory classes; tutorials; laboratory-based research project or dissertation; modules assessed by coursework and written examination.
- Principles of Analytical Techniques - Numerical Methods and Regulatory Affairs - Principles of Drug Delivery and Disposition.
Recent graduates have gone on to take PhD studies; to work in R&D laboratories in the pharmaceutical industry; or biotech. Overseas students have returned to similar positions in their home countries.
To study for a postgraduate degree at King’s College London is to study at the city’s most central university and at one of the top 20 universities worldwide (2015/16 QS World Rankings). Graduates will benefit from close connections with the UK’s professional, political, legal, commercial, scientific and cultural life, while the excellent reputation of our MA and MRes programmes ensures our postgraduate alumni are highly sought after by some of the world’s most prestigious employers. We provide graduates with skills that are highly valued in business, government, academia and the professions.