Sign up to our newsletter today
We've been helping students find the right postgraduate course for over a decade.
Orchestral Conducting is offered as an MMus or a Postgraduate Diploma programme.
- Conducting technique class involving the study and practice of technique away from the orchestra
- Workshops in keyboard skills and score-reading
- Observation and participation in RWCMD orchestral rehearsals
- Rehearsal analysis tutorials
- Observation of conductors within a professional context
- Opportunities to direct RWCMD ensembles, rehearsals and productions
- Opportunities to conduct self-promoted student performances
- Performance classes, usually in the company of students from a range of disciplines
- Full programme of orchestral concerts
Read more about this course
Candidates should be able to demonstrate a level of performance ability appropriate for professional training.Minimum entry requirements usually include an undergraduate degree in music (2:1 or higher for MMus applicants) or an equivalent qualification. Candidates who have been studying or working in another field will be considered.
Fees & funding
Start dates & study options
Based on your current searches we recommend the following search filters.
Based on our current search criteria we thought you might be interested in these.