Develop your individual, professional performance skills based on up-to-date practices and techniques of performing or presenting in front of a camera, in situations including fictional drama and factual programming.
The course is designed for those with or without experience in acting and public speaking (eg actors, presenters, reporters, political figures, spokespersons and others), and you can tailor your studies around your individual needs through practice based research.
Your performance before the camera is an integral part of your research method and will enable you to produce your own professional show-reel.
Strong professional links embedded within the course provide opportunities to build professional contacts and experience from participation in master-classes run by experts working within television, film and other media/ professional industries.
Choose Performing Before the Camera PgCert at Bedfordshire and:
- Study on a course built around the requirements and demands of appearing before the camera in a professional capacity - constantly updated to reflect new developments and changes in professional and technical practices
- Explore a curriculum that anticipates the needs of the industry and opens up numerous career opportunities for postgraduates pursuing a professional career in acting and presenting for television, or film, or the internet
- Develop an understanding of professional procedures, requirements and challenges along with your ability to perform before the camera
- Gain experience of operating our recording and editing facilities to support your progressive development, archiving and final presentation of your show-reel
- Benefit from a course ideal for those pursuing careers in screen acting, presenting, journalism, politics and business who, in the course of their, work are frequently called upon to appear and present themselves and their ideas before a camera.
Why choose this course?
This course will help you perform of a professional standard before the camera. You will develop your individual performance skills based on up-to-date practices and techniques of working before the camera.
Career Management Skills
The content and structure of the course is built around the requirements and demands of appearing before the camera in a professional capacity. The content is constantly updated to reflect new developments and changes in professional and technical practices.
Visits and talks with those currently working successfully within the industry enable you to network and to develop an understanding of professional procedures, requirements and challenges.
You will develop the ability to perform before the camera in related to your future career path genres and monitor, as well as enhance your progression from documenting your practice in seminars, masterclasses and tutorials. You will also develop skills in researching and evaluating, as well as in critical thinking in diverse performance to camera related situations, enhancing your ability to take an enquiring and critical viewpoint on the material you encounter.
On this journey, you will be encouraged to become self-aware, critical reflective practitioner, through a series of teaching methods and assessments which will instil an autonomous approach to learning, expected at Masters level (see the University of Bedfordshire
level M learner descriptors).
Career/Further study opportunities
The course opens up numerous career opportunities for postgraduates pursuing a professional career in acting and presenting for television, or film, or the Internet. It would also benefit those pursing careers in journalism, politics, and business who in the course of their work are frequently called upon to appear and present themselves and their ideas before a camera.